Members with page loading and crash issues

Day

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my great joys (and this is how sad I really am) - lying in bed browsing the forum on my iPad at night, has been removed from me as in Chrome it just either takes an age to load or does the decent thing and just crashes. Tried the above but to no avail. Sad days.

One of my great joys (and this is how sad I really am) - lying in bed browsing the forum on my iPad at night, has been removed from me as in Chrome it just either takes an age to load or does the decent thing and just crashes. Tried the above but to no avail. Sad days.

​Can you try Safari, see if that works any better.

Hard to nail down why it's crashing for some, I have the first iPad mini which is pretty old now. I've sat there for a few hours on both Safari and Chrome as a member, as a guest and not had a single crash

Honestly don't know what to say about these crashes now, I've been working on fixing errors today and got rid of loads. I've been on iPad and iPhone all day not a single crash in either Chrome or Safari

Just looked at the error logs as well, nothing at all since this afternoon when I fixed the issues. No crash logs, no high usage, nothing, forums never ran better (even better than the old one). Obviously has little quirky bugs with the editor which need to be fixed but these are not throwing up errors to cause any crashes, like I say never ran better.

Ran the site through Google page test, came back fine, page speed never been faster (including the old forum).

It seems to be mainly on my IPhone using Safari .

Its when you try and Quote someone mainly and the blue loading line is still going across the screen it then crashes .

i don't know if that helps you its as though we are doing an action before it's fully loaded the page ! 

Is your iPhone 4 using iOS8? 

I'll post videos of me using my iPhone and iPad both on 3G and wifi, Safari and Chrome tomorrow. Literally not seeing any crashes at all, nothing

Just looked at the error logs as well, nothing at all since this afternoon when I fixed the issues. No crash logs, no high usage, nothing, forums never ran better (even better than the old one). Obviously has little quirky bugs with the editor which need to be fixed but these are not throwing up errors to cause any crashes, like I say never ran better.

Ran the site through Google page test, came back fine, page speed never been faster (including the old forum).

I'm not complaining its a lot better now thanks .

Its a great site 

Just crashes sometimes so I just reload it and get on with it 

​Are you running the latest iOS update?

How many tabs have you got open in your browser?

Have you tried closing all apps in multi tasking, clearing website data in Safari settings and rebooting phone?

If you're running the latest iOS 8 on the iPhone 4 that could be the cause of the issues, it runs absolute dog poo on the 4 as it's an old phone in terms of updates now. Do you run many other forums, large websites on your phone without any issues?

Double tap the home button and you will see (below) swipe up and this closes all the apps, iPhones should close apps in the background when you need memory elsewhere for other apps, sometimes you can get a rogue app or iOS playing up and doesn't close an app down which causes low memory, running slow and crashes.

IMG_0503.thumb.PNG.c6a12cd6fe19fb5a0004f

IMG_0503.thumb.PNG.c6a12cd6fe19fb5a0004f

If you're running the latest iOS 8 on the iPhone 4 that could be the cause of the issues, it runs absolute dog poo on the 4 as it's an old phone in terms of updates now. Do you run many other forums, large websites on your phone without any issues?

Double tap the home button and you will see (below) swipe up and this closes all the apps, iPhones should close apps in the background when you need memory elsewhere for other apps, sometimes you can get a rogue app or iOS playing up and doesn't close an app down which causes low memory, running slow and crashes.

IMG_0503.thumb.PNG.8340d3c3aeabc830d7b25

Nope you can't, that's the problem with Apple, whilst they push the updates out on older phones they make them run like ****. 

Really shouldn't be putting iOS8 on anything lower than a iPhone 5, too late now.

Also as the forum now loads the full site on mobile it's heavier to load than the old stripped down mobile site we had before 

Archived