Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

31 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

If he takes the rematch seriously which he should and goes in there like he did wilder then it might be an interesting rematch!

Given what has happened to Wilder since, and the suggestion before that Wilder was always ready to be taken by the first half decent opponent, it also makes you wonder just how robust Fury's record is. The Klitschko fight was impressive, in his own back yard, and his tactics were spot on. Whyte was a dangerous fight to take but besides that only the Wilder one and two fights look like true challenges for him. Even Wallin had him in bother, Ngannou beat him but Christian Hammer, Sefer Seferi, Pianeta are hardly the making of the next When We Were Kings film.

I like Fury, I think he is a technically robust boxer but when the records are written he has done more damage to his own legacy than any of his opponents (either that or he is a very astute person who is truly aware of his own limitations - something that seems to have little in the way of supporting evidence).

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Given what has happened to Wilder since, and the suggestion before that Wilder was always ready to be taken by the first half decent opponent, it also makes you wonder just how robust Fury's record is. The Klitschko fight was impressive, in his own back yard, and his tactics were spot on. Whyte was a dangerous fight to take but besides that only the Wilder one and two fights look like true challenges for him. Even Wallin had him in bother, Ngannou beat him but Christian Hammer, Sefer Seferi, Pianeta are hardly the making of the next When We Were Kings film.

I like Fury, I think he is a technically robust boxer but when the records are written he has done more damage to his own legacy than any of his opponents (either that or he is a very astute person who is truly aware of his own limitations - something that seems to have little in the way of supporting evidence).

I get what your saying! I prefer to look at it differently though! He beat a 10 year i think it was unbeaten champion in klitcshko in his back yard! Retired him basically, Aj beat him again but fury already did it while he was unbeaten!

Wilder at the time was considered the most dangerous heavyweight around! Fury was unfit etc etc! He beat him imo in first fight! Then changed his tactics and battered him in second fight!

Its easy for people to turn around in hinesight and say wilder was this n that but at the time he wasnt! He was dangerous and the favourite! Fury could have beat him so bet physically and mentally hes hasnt been same since! Must have took a lot out of wilder that second fight!

I think fury interms of ability is one of the most gifted heavyweights thats ever lived tbh! Hes a natural he really is! The problem is his lifestyle which is why there isnt more pro gypsy boxers as its a cultural thing, there lots of good amatuers! And his mentally! Which is a shame, if he lived right and had the mentality of a usyk or mayweather hed clean up imo! And to be fair if he beats usyk and then AJ hasnt he cleaned up??

Is age catching up with him now maybe, did he take time off in his prime, yeah, did he duck a few fights, yeah! I dont think he gets the credit he deserves but he doesnt help himself! 

You might be right though and i might be wrong lol! No one truly knows apart from him n his family! 

If he gets his head right and trains properly, takes it seriously i still think he beats usyk in december! There was enough from him in that fight to say hes got enough to beat him but for whatever reason, fitness or mentally he didnt take him out! 

2 hours ago, De22Ram said:

I get what your saying! I prefer to look at it differently though! He beat a 10 year i think it was unbeaten champion in klitcshko in his back yard! Retired him basically, Aj beat him again but fury already did it while he was unbeaten!

Wilder at the time was considered the most dangerous heavyweight around! Fury was unfit etc etc! He beat him imo in first fight! Then changed his tactics and battered him in second fight!

Its easy for people to turn around in hinesight and say wilder was this n that but at the time he wasnt! He was dangerous and the favourite! Fury could have beat him so bet physically and mentally hes hasnt been same since! Must have took a lot out of wilder that second fight!

I think fury interms of ability is one of the most gifted heavyweights thats ever lived tbh! Hes a natural he really is! The problem is his lifestyle which is why there isnt more pro gypsy boxers as its a cultural thing, there lots of good amatuers! And his mentally! Which is a shame, if he lived right and had the mentality of a usyk or mayweather hed clean up imo! And to be fair if he beats usyk and then AJ hasnt he cleaned up??

Is age catching up with him now maybe, did he take time off in his prime, yeah, did he duck a few fights, yeah! I dont think he gets the credit he deserves but he doesnt help himself! 

You might be right though and i might be wrong lol! No one truly knows apart from him n his family! 

If he gets his head right and trains properly, takes it seriously i still think he beats usyk in december! There was enough from him in that fight to say hes got enough to beat him but for whatever reason, fitness or mentally he didnt take him out! 

I'm not sure I'd put Fury up as one of the best ever but he'd easily be in the top five of British heavyweights of all time - only Lennox, possibly AJ (with time to tell on both), Bob Fitzsimmons if you want to play the history game would be above him. But he's better than Bruno, Bugner and a good few other names you could throw in the hat.

I agree on your point that it's very easy to look back and say Wilder was an easy option and nobody can deny he can / could bang. But I do think that the last few years have shown that even if Wilder had the reputation of being feared it was without any actual substance. And Fury did win the first fight as well.

In conclusion, I'm not a Fury basher - not at all. But I do think he could have been so much more if he'd taken a few of those fights at the right moment. Even the AJ fight has lost it's lustre now, it will likely happen but a bit like Leonard vs Hagler or Pacquaio vs Mayweather it won't be quite what it could have been.

One point you do make that I agree with - if Fury beats Usyk in the rematch (and the third if that happens) and then AJ then it would be a hard choice to consider him anything other than the second best British heavyweight of all time (sorry, I'm a Lennox fanboy, that one won't change).

Not sure why I keep seeing that the Joshua v Dubois card is so epic. 

I think Joshua is a convincing winner. Probably however he wants. Despite being a big stiff and useless robot hype job.... He doesn't lose rounds. Got a bit spicy between them in the gloves are off thingy. Joshua seems to have found his spite and focus under Ben Davison. Dubois ain't ready for this

I really really want to see Cacace to beat up the space raider. Warrington is such a knob. 

I know there's not many Fury fans in here but it's good to see him in such high spirits and looking forward to December. Turki seems to be favouring Tyson after talking about a Q1 2025 fight between Fury and Joshua. Even had them face timing. 

Liam Smith v Josh Kelly.... Good fight. 

I constantly lay into Joshua. This time he was nasty to me and I'm going to make a video showing you private messages. How pathetic is he, guys? I thought this guy (a street thug and petty criminal who made a living punching people in the face) was supposed to be humble? 

I agree with Froch a lot. But he always finds a way to remind you that he's an absolute w*****. 

In the comments he even posted "he won't meet me"

Yeah, I'm sure 17st 6ft 6" career prime fighter is scared of a "meet". 

Troll