What was more important?

loughboroughRAM

Obviously gutted about losing to F*rest yesterday - especially from being one up. Thought we played well first half then with Hughes going off we completely lost our shape and also thought we missed Ibe dearly. 

However all this said, what was more important? Beating Ipswich or beating F*rest? If someone were to give you the choice of winning and losing one - which would you choose? In my opinion (and this might sound like sour grapes) the Ipswich win was more important as they are a direct promotion rival - whereas yesterday was F*rest's cup final. We lost to Forest as we played badly and they weren't quite as bad as us over the course of the game. Evidently yesterday's performance was not a title winning worthy display but results like Ipswich away were and that's more important than local bragging rights in my opinion if we are serious about winning the league (although that's not to say I don't want to be F*rest at all - I hated losing yesterday). 

Let them have their day in the sun, we'll have ours as we (hopefully) parade the League trophy around the iPro 

What do people think? Do I have a point or am I loopy?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no question that beating a promotion rival is more important than beating a mid-table team.

As long as team morale has not taken a big hit from Saturday then the damage is very minimal.

After near enough 2 seasons of gloating a few weeks of abuse from the Red Dogs should bring us all back down to earth a bit.

I know what Lord Brian would have said.

"I never want to be the one to ruin a fellow manager's career.

Pearce is a good lad and deserves a decent shot with Forest.

Our season is all about finishing top

And to do that we have to win the six pointers.

Mind you, it doesn't stop me putting a rocket up their backsides come Monday!"

Archived