Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

The weirdest thing I saw was the extent to which when an easy aerial ball came to our centre half or omar, they felt compelled to head it as far as possible with no target at all. It was amateurish. On our team, almost all headers should be brought down or headed to teammates. Do that and we wouldn't be talking about the so called non-existent midfield.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

******** and what I'd expect from you , bottom line was Bryso was as ineffective second half as he was good the first half but that's through no fault of his or jeffs for that matter , iniesta and Xavi would not have touched it second half as mascarell and the back 4 sat far too deep and when in possession of the ball humped it 30-40 yards to an ineffective Chris Martin , mascarell will never be a holding midfielder in this league and could not lace John Eustaces boots , the ball was never on the deck second half and played into forest hands who were deserved winners

What will you do when Bryson leaves Derby eventually? I'm guessing you'll break out that 40 year old malt whiskey you've been saving for yourself, have a glass and then shoot yourself as your life will effectively be over.

I know you think he's essentially the best player ever to have walked the earth, but Bris showed exactly why he's been poor this season and you have absolutely no response to it other than "waaaah, people aren't passing to him". Yeah, because they've all decided not to pass to the guy who scored 16 goals last season. And the management haven't picked them up on it. As you're so fond of saying of other people 'you don't know what you're talking about'.

******** and what I'd expect from you , bottom line was Bryso was as ineffective second half as he was good the first half but that's through no fault of his or jeffs for that matter , iniesta and Xavi would not have touched it second half as mascarell and the back 4 sat far too deep and when in possession of the ball humped it 30-40 yards to an ineffective Chris Martin , mascarell will never be a holding midfielder in this league and could not lace John Eustaces boots , the ball was never on the deck second half and played into forest hands who were deserved winners

This is about as succinct a summary of our performance as there is, and matches what McClaren himself saw (without naming names).

What will you do when Bryson leaves Derby eventually? I'm guessing you'll break out that 40 year old malt whiskey you've been saving for yourself, have a glass and then shoot yourself as your life will effectively be over.

I know you think he's essentially the best player ever to have walked the earth, but Bris showed exactly why he's been poor this season and you have absolutely no response to it other than "waaaah, people aren't passing to him". Yeah, because they've all decided not to pass to the guy who scored 16 goals last season. And the management haven't picked them up on it. As you're so fond of saying of other people 'you don't know what you're talking about'.

This made my day.

This made my day.

Dumb. The only thing that almost made my day is that Pearce is staying. Everything else was dog turd. All the other teams around us winning, and what's even worse is that Bournemouth can't stop destroying teams. If we didn't steal a win at Ipswich we'd be what, 8 points behind them? Reality is that unless we get our proper passing game back, we are in real danger of changing our target from automatic promotion to playoff lottery. 

But nothing really made my day today. It was a joke day.

Bryson had a nothing game, but balls were just hoofed around and he's not exactly king of the air is he? The defence constantly pumped and bypassed the midfield. And you're blind if you missed his great little runs in the first half. He doesn't always get the ball but he's always part of that intricate and dangerous passing we do.  i  presume you don't see those runs at all.

He didn't have a nothing game, he had a terrible game. Truly awful. They were hoofing it because the midfield was non existent, not the other way around.

He was ok in the first half but I think you're hugely exaggerating his role (today anyway). I can't believe people are blaming others for his *****.

Dumb. The only thing that almost made my day is that Pearce is staying. Everything else was dog turd. All the other teams around us winning, and what's even worse is that Bournemouth can't stop destroying teams. If we didn't steal a win at Ipswich we'd be what, 8 points behind them? Reality is that unless we get our proper passing game back, we are in real danger of changing our target from automatic promotion to playoff lottery. 

But nothing really made my day today. It was a joke day.

Agree with you completely. We aren't going to be promoted if we don't get a grip. We need another winger, a defensive mid on short term loan and after today another central midfielder. It's all looking very bleak atm. We can't beat average teams. Some people are too optimistic, which is sad because it makes it even worse IF we come crashing down.

Shame Albentosa wasn't out there today as he would have wreaked havoc from our corner kicks and set pieces. He'd better start against Chesterfield.

He didn't have a nothing game, he had a terrible game. Truly awful. They were hoofing it because the midfield was non existent, not the other way around.

He was ok in the first half but I think you're hugely exaggerating his role (today anyway). I can't believe people are blaming others for his *****.

You're scapegoating. I didn't think he had a good game, but how is he supposed to. The bigger issue isn't Bryson it's the fact that we are suddenly becoming a long ball team of hoof merchants, bypassing the midfield. Playing like that we won't even finish in the playoff picture. We keep the ball on the ground and play to Bryson and we'd probably have won 5-0, with Bryson getting a hat trick. Mind you, Bryson could never score a hat trick against Forest could he RLAC?

Grant .. 6

Christie .. 6

Keogh .. 6

Buxton .. 7

Forsyth .. 6

Mascarell .. 6

Hughes .. 8

( Hendrick .. 2 )

Bryson .. 2

Russell .. 7

Ward .. 6

( Bent .. 6 )

Martin .. 6.5

First half , good performance without hitting the heights , but a shocking second half , even accounting for the loss of the creatively influential ( and obviously essential ) Will Hughes .. just how can two ( of last season's best ) midfield players be so anonymous , ineffective and all-round woeful ( Hendrick for 45 minutes and Bryson for 90 ) , exposing the unfortunate Mascarell to the 'firestorm of criticism' on this Forum due to their total ineptitude in the second half via conceding the yawning space in midfield to Forest ..

Mascarell would be a far better option in advanced midfield rather than defensive midfield ( for either Bryson or Hendrick ) , but whilst Thorne and Eustace are injured he is our only option for DM ; however , no DM can function effectively when two of the midfielders in front of them 'go missing' , leaving gaping holes for the opposition to advance into ..

If Will Hughes remains injured I fear for our prospects in the next few games .. and I think the criticism of Grant ( not at fault for the goals ) and Martin ( no service whatsoever from the aforementioned Bryson and Hendrick ) is unjustified ..

You're scapegoating. I didn't think he had a good game, but how is he supposed to. The bigger issue isn't Bryson it's the fact that we are suddenly becoming a long ball team of hoof merchants, bypassing the midfield. Playing like that we won't even finish in the playoff picture. We keep the ball on the ground and play to Bryson and we'd probably have won 5-0, with Bryson getting a hat trick. Mind you, Bryson could never score a hat trick against Forest could he RLAC?

Playing today, Bryson couldn't pass to a Derby player, let alone score a hat trick. Blaming Mascarell or Martin would be scapegoating. Blaming it on the players who were at fault is merely common sense.

I don't usually like to single out players but Bryson and Hendrick deserve it today. Brainless *****

Grant .. 6

Christie .. 6

Keogh .. 6

Buxton .. 7

Forsyth .. 6

Mascarell .. 6

Hughes .. 8

( Hendrick .. 2 )

Bryson .. 2

Russell .. 7

Ward .. 6

( Bent .. 6 )

Martin .. 6.5

First half , good performance without hitting the heights , but a shocking second half , even accounting for the loss of the creatively influential ( and obviously essential ) Will Hughes .. just how can two ( of last season's best ) midfield players be so anonymous , ineffective and all-round woeful ( Hendrick for 45 minutes and Bryson for 90 ) , exposing the unfortunate Mascarell to the 'firestorm of criticism' on this Forum due to their total ineptitude in the second half via conceding the yawning space in midfield to Forest ..

Mascarell would be a far better option in advanced midfield rather than defensive midfield ( for either Bryson or Hendrick ) , but whilst Thorne and Eustace are injured he is our only option for DM ; however , no DM can function effectively when two of the midfielders in front of them 'go missing' , leaving gaping holes for the opposition to advance into ..

If Will Hughes remains injured I fear for our prospects in the next few games .. and I think the criticism of Grant ( not at fault for the goals ) and Martin ( no service whatsoever from the aforementioned Bryson and Hendrick ) is unjustified ..

Was going to write a long whinging post but this sums up my thoughts exactly. Bryson and Hendrick fell a long way short of the standard required today and in my opinion have done all season. Omar is clearly not cut out for that defensive midfield role and it is very worrying that without Hughes Thorne or Eustace we go from promotion certainties to a relegation standard team. We are crap when at least one of those three doesn't play.

Shame Albentosa wasn't out there today as he would have wreaked havoc from our corner kicks and set pieces. He'd better start against Chesterfield.

I really do think that was a major part in us being interested in him. Obviously he has defensive qualities, but Buxton is our only real threat from set pieces. With the amount of corners and free kicks we win, it could really create a windfall of goals.

they really let themselves down today, the second half was a display of complacency to rival that shown by numerous fans and media platforms sausageting on about how we were going to smash 4 . 5 or 6 past them. foolish and almost predictable outcome. hopefully the kick up the arse they need and looks like pearce will keep his job, so there is at least one bright side 

Generally poor game. We are incredibly inconsistent and have never, bar a mere handful of games, reached the heady level of last season, never gelled to the same extent. The present team is not PL standard. Still, on the bright side even with our erratic performances, we are still up there. Just hope we don't hit a bad streak of poor performances

No complaints beaten by our own neagtivity and nervousness to play football! Watched the 2nd half back and I struggle to put into words how poor it was, it was diabolical. As others have said Hughes going off didn't help but Hendrick was disgraceful. I've not seen a poorer individual performance in a long long time. We do reaquire a CDM because mascarell don't cut it for me and we need one ASAP. Gutted to lose and gutted we can't bounce back in the league until Blackburn. I don't want to ever see a half of football like that again.

Archived