we need to be more postive

B4ev6is

I think the lads were playing a bit defance football trying to hang onto 1-0 lead which let wigin in. But when will huges was suberudted thats when things fell apart a bit. But i was pleased ibe went off as he is most selfish player that it is a team game not all him i think dawkins looked quite sharp could have won the game for us. But saying perhaps the lads were a bit tired from tuesday night playing in.very differcult playing condatiins. But perhaps we need to learn to sheald the ball a bit better and hit the gim.to muscle up for certain games. I will be looking forward to seeing maybe seeing jonnny russle upfront with martin his pace of russle to get behinde the back line. We have also have paul coutts to come back to offer us something different on set peaces and linked well with bryson before.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie ward injured mate out for next 3 to 4 weeks

i would have

butland

craig forsight jake buxtin keog cyrus

dawkins will huges bryson paul coutts

russle martin iveo carlo

Meant generally for the rest of the season hence grant is in there as well. Obviously thorne would come in for mascarell

We definitly need a plan B,  a 4-4-2 diamond could work maybe

Back 5 is whatever

Mascarell or Eust in the holding role, would choose mascarell personally.

Two in front of that could be Hendrick, Hughes, Bryson maybe even Coutts

In behind the strikers you could have Hughes, Dawkins, Ward, Russell maybe even Calero

Two strikers is something different for us, could easily go with a big small combo, martin with russell/ward or whatever.

This would require Christie and Forsyth to give us alot of width, something they are good at, but we might end up getting a bit too bogged down through the middle if they dont get forward enough.

Every time someone suggests a flat 4-4-2 I die a little on the inside.

Butland will need to kick far better or else I'd play Roos, cant remember any problems in that regard in the cup games. Can't have the ball going out of play every single time it goes back to him, surely they will be working on it in training. Can only imagine he was told to kick it to the touchline whatever as it made no sense to keep doing it when he had all the pitch to aim for. Some of them were about 10 yards over Forsyths head!

I might even play Lee Naylor in the cup to give Forsyth a rest or a kick up the backside whatever as he just seems to be giving the ball away practically every match even though he is defending ok, its disappointing he cant seem to rectify it in training, cant remember him being so poor in possession last season (at least not later on, I think he started a bit shakily from what I recall).

Butland's kicking was poor, but it was obviously part of the plan in the second half - when a ball was winnable, Forsyth beat Tavernier in the air every single time. Problem was Dawkins only picked up one of the knockdowns.

Agreed that we need a plan B, especially at home. The way we set up is designed to pick teams off on the break, hence why our away form is so good - teams at home are expected to take the game to us, rather than park the bus as they do when they come to the iPro. Last season it worked at home when we had teams like Watford coming to attack us.

I'd like to see a scenario where we bring Russell infield alongside Martin rather than bringing Leon Best on. A diamond with Mascarell or Eustace holding, Bryson and Hendrick in the middle with Hughes in what I think is his best position at the point behind the strikers.

Would also like to see Thomas and/or Bennett given a chance at Fulham as I really don't think Best offers us anything different at this moment in time.

Archived