A night out in Derby

i-Ram

Boycie will call me a plastic, in fact many of you will call me a plastic - or worse - but I am making my way to my first home game for well over 2 years this Saturday - NOTE to all you plastic haters: I have been to 90% of away games in southern England over the same period.

Anyway, getting to the point, me and a mate are staying over Saturday night, and whilst pre-match I know where to go, and what to do, post-match I am not so sure. So if you were just a tad over 50 and had a male mate with you, and your relationship was absolutely platonic, where might you head for a good Saturday night out in Central Derby?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boycie will call me a plastic, in fact many of you will call me a plastic - or worse - but I am making my way to my first home game for well over 2 years this Saturday - NOTE to all you plastic haters: I have been to 90% of away games in southern England over the same period.

Anyway, getting to the point, me and a mate are staying over Saturday night, and whilst pre-match I know where to go, and what to do, post-match I am not so sure. So if you were just a tad over 50 and had a male mate with you, and your relationship was absolutely platonic, where might you head for a good Saturday night out in Central Derby?

The Brunny.:)

I can't call a 50 year old plastic.

You're a Bakelite rams fan! Lol!

We 're meeting in the Brunny pre match for a serbert at 12 noon ish. Come and join us and maybe we could plan summart?

Sissy's been with sage all day today so wants some adult interaction now.

I'm 44 tbh, so not far behind you. (Not in a gay way)

Thanks Frogg and Boycie. I am not American, but might I call you mates?

The Brunny sounds good to me, although my mate who is bit more of a regular attendee might have different ideas pre-match. Not been in the Brunswick for probably 15 years; I think it was the Waterfall (?) near the station that I used to go to most "recent" visits.

Might I just check:-

Do I need to wear sandals or a cardigan to get in the Brunny?

Do they sell prawn sandwiches, or should I buy my lunch at Waitrose before crossing the North/South border?

Is there any secret code or initiation to gain entry to the Brunny?

Do I need to wear a carnation or some item of distinctive clothing as some form of identification?

Do I need to pre-order Champagne if I want it chilled to celebrate us going top of the league after the game?

I will drop you a PM tomorrow night once I know our plans for sure. Thanks mates.

Thanks Frogg and Boycie. I am not American, but might I call you mates?

The Brunny sounds good to me, although my mate who is bit more of a regular attendee might have different ideas pre-match. Not been in the Brunswick for probably 15 years; I think it was the Waterfall (?) near the station that I used to go to most "recent" visits.

Might I just check:-

Do I need to wear sandals or a cardigan to get in the Brunny?

Do they sell prawn sandwiches, or should I buy my lunch at Waitrose before crossing the North/South border?

Is there any secret code or initiation to gain entry to the Brunny?

Do I need to wear a carnation or some item of distinctive clothing as some form of identification?

Do I need to pre-order Champagne if I want it chilled to celebrate us going top of the league after the game?

I will drop you a PM tomorrow night once I know our plans for sure. Thanks mates.

You definitely need to wear a cardigan in there.. Boycie and his mates will be playing dominos you won't be able to miss em.

It's like The Hills Have Eyes in there.

If you've got shoes on they will know you are from the south.

Archived