AmericanRam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Donnie Darko

2. Poltergeist

3. American Werewolf in London

4. Event Horizon

5. Nightmare on Elm Street (not the re-make!)

Agree about older ones being better. CGI just isn't scary. The old 1960's Black & White version of "The Haunting" was really scary with just oppressive atmosphere and sound effects. The 2000's (?) re-make was full of CGI effects and was garbage in comparison.

The make-up effects in American werewolf and The Howling were ground-breaking and far scarier than the modern equivalent.

I will stick to Sci-Fi here. Horror in my opinion should NOT be included as a sub-genre of Science Fiction, or two parts of a whole.

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey

2. Solaris (the 1972 Russian film, not that George Clooney pile of ratpoo)

3. Brazil

4. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

5. Blade Runner

I will stick to Sci-Fi here. Horror in my opinion should NOT be included as a sub-genre of Science Fiction, or two parts of a whole.

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey

2. Solaris (the 1972 Russian film, not that George Clooney pile of ratpoo)

3. Brazil

4. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

5. Blade Runner

This but Event Horizon has to be in there somewhere maybe also Cube or Flatliners?

This but Event Horizon has to be in there somewhere maybe also Cube or Flatliners?

I could have added another five in there too.

Difficult to leave out one of the Terminator films, The Day The Earth Stood Still, The Abyss, Alien (actually on second thoughts this HAS to be in my top 5 surely?), Metropolis, Doppelg

Or how's about the utterly wonderful Galaxy Quest? Best Sci Fi parody film ever. Or just about anything by Paul Verhoeven (Robocop, Starship Troopers etc). Or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Or Soylent Green.

Now I've got to renew my NetFlix subscription. Thanks a bunch.

Come on now, I'm a grown woman. So why does 1 werewolf film still scare me silly? Particulaly the Underground subway scene (Tottenham Court Rd it is, I'll never go to that station again lol).

Somebody post it please ( it's not gory, it's just very scarey) cos I want to watch it until it doesn't scare me anymore.

Come on now, I'm a grown woman. So why does 1 werewolf film still scare me silly? Particulaly the Underground subway scene (Tottenham Court Rd it is, I'll never go to that station again lol).

Somebody post it please ( it's not gory, it's just very scarey) cos I want to watch it until it doesn't scare me anymore.

It's American werewolf in London. One of my 5.

Archived