Spain v Netherlands

Day

I thought he was trying to get his balance to be honest, will admit he did make sure he got it though.

I'm all for bans for diving or blatant cheating however, instead of the constant mocking of referees trying to call a game. And managers wouldn't be able to blame there own failings for the man in black.

Not the referees fault at all here, he could only act on what he saw, and it would have looked a penalty at full speed.

Costa stepped on de Vrij's (think it was him) leg, it's not a foul, and if anything it was a foul by Costa. But these things happen. It looked like Costa meant it from what I saw (which would be blatant simulation), but it might have been an accident. In any case it shouldn't have been a penalty, although you can't blame the referee.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure about the penalty, on the replay Costa isnt looking where he places his foot so can you really say with certainty that he put it down on purpose?

It just looked like he was expecting to go down from what I saw.

It is possible that he did accidentally step on the leg. In either case it shouldn't have been a penalty, but that doesn't really matter at this point.

It just looked like he was expecting to go down from what I saw.

It is possible that he did accidentally step on the leg. In either case it shouldn't have been a penalty, but that doesn't really matter at this point.

Dubious penalty and bad refereeing seem to be the theme of this World Cup, Fred's was far less of a penalty and you see Costa's kind given a fair bit

Dubious penalty and bad refereeing seem to be the theme of this World Cup, Fred's was far less of a penalty and you see Costa's kind given a fair bit

Or is it blatant cheating? Try refereeing players who are trying to con and win at all costs. Thankless task....

The Fred penalty was a worse decision, but that wasn't a penalty.

I wouldn't blame the ref, but I certainly wouldn't think that Costa is 100% innocent there.

Spain look terrible at the back, straight down the middle, looks like the beginning of the end for a great generation they have produced.

If they come second I believe that they would play the winners of Brazils group?

That was a goal any of us who post on here would score on a muddy rainy windy Darley Park and we would call it a Worldie

Archived