World Cup Prediction League

eddie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All yours Eddie! Can't let you sulk!

OK, I'll come up with some simple rules. Got to be simple in case Utch wants a go.

(runs)

OK, simple rules - how do these sound?

1. Predictions to be entered prior to the kick off time of each match.

2. Predictions to include the following:

• Full Time match score
  • First goalscorer

3. Points scored as follows:

• Correct full time result (score wrong)                        : 1 point
  • Correct full time score (score correct)                      : 3 points + 1 point per goal
  • Correct first goalscorer                                             : 1 point
  • Correct full time score AND correct first goalscorer : Double the points

You may predict the first goalscorer to be an own goal (don't need to name the player - just 'OG' will do)

You may predict 'no goalscorer' if you are predicting the result to be 0-0.

Either will score 1 point if correct. 

In the event of a 0-0 prediction, there will be NO 'Doubling of points' for getting the 'correct first goalscorer' because one implies the other. 

Example:     

Match 1, Thursday 12 June, KO 21:00 BST

Brazil v Croatia

Let's assume the following result : Brazil 2 Croatia 1, FGS Fred (Brazil)

If you predicted Brazil 1 Croatia 1, FGS Fred (Brazil), you would score 1 point.

If you predicted Brazil 2 Croatia 0, FGS Hulk (Brazil), you would score 1 point.

If you predicted Brazil 3 Croatia 0, FGS Fred (Brazil), you would score 2 points (1 for the correct result, 1 for the correct FGS).

If you predicted Brazil 2 Croatia 1, FGS Hulk (Brazil), you would score 6 points (3 for the correct score plus 1 for each goal).

If you predicted Brazil 2 Croatia 1, FGS Fred (Brazil), you would score 14 points (3 for the correct score plus 1 for each goal, 1 for the correct FGS, doubled up for being a smartarse).

The 'plus one for each goal' bit means that correctly forecasting a 4-2 gets you 6 points more than correctly forecasting a 0-0. 

I will make sure that all group fixtures are published in the WCPL thread at least one day in advance of the opening game, and will try to post current standings and updates on a daily basis. Up to you whether you want to post all your predictions well in advance (this will allow for people going on holiday, disappearing, short spells in prison etc to still have a go).

When we get o the knockout stages, then I'll publish the fixtures as soon as we know them. Might even add normal time, extra time, penalties etc as options.

People can join in when they like - with plenty of points at stake, even if you get off to a flyer, a correct score/FGS combination will make big inroads into a lead.

You said simple... 

I'm in..

If Eddie cocks it up I know a good legal bod who can take him the the cleaners.

Davros's cousin?

Come on then this is like play off final week... When do we start...

Chewing my nails here.

You can post your predictions now. Some have done the first few games, some have already predicted all 48 group matches. It doesn't matter what you choose to do. Try to post them in the order the games are played though - I would appreciate it.

http://dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/15250-world-cup-prediction-league-predictions/

The first post in that thread has the fixtures and dates.

Archived