'Arrys transfer record

ramblur

Or finished bottom.'arry set his team out to nullify our attacking threat down the flanks

pacy,quick passing keeping the ball on the ground.Also to contain Hughes.He also had

to adjust to losing Kransjar(whatever his name is) early on,then deal with 10 men.He did it

successfully,he kept a clean sheet,and scored a goal,bit flukey but you make your own luck

as they say.His game plan worked,shrewd,experianced manager.Wish he was the England

manager,we would be in the premier league,England may have got out of the group stages.

Funny thing whoever we played in the play-offs people on here would have found ways of

vilifying the opposing manager,when you get to my age you get over that and learn to see

the bigger picture.

I happen to agree that he's a good manager.Very few relegated clubs in QPR's state have gone straight back up,and I've not seen many Spurs managers have them seriously pushing for  top 4. When someone was ridiculing the loss on a Pompey player some months ago,my research showed that he made a significant surplus on transfer dealings there.Another investigation showed that over his entire career his net spending had been relatively modest and compared quite favourably with Wenger (and this didn't take account of Gareth Bale-although he didn't actually sell him,he was the one who brought him in).

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I happen to agree that he's a good manager.Very few relegated clubs in QPR's state have gone straight back up,and I've not seen many Spurs managers have them seriously pushing for top 4. When someone was ridiculing the loss on a Pompey player some months ago,my research showed that he made a significant surplus on transfer dealings there.Another investigation showed that over his entire career his net spending had been relatively modest and compared quite favourably with Wenger (and this didn't take account of Gareth Bale-although he didn't actually sell him,he was the one who brought him in).

#Wages

#Wages

Wouldn't be his responsibility.His job would be to identify his targets and pass them up the line for approval (or otherwise)-any transfer fees/wages would have to be agreed by them.HR wouldn't have formulated transfer/wages budgets.Judging by his net transfer spend,he would appear to have been a good judge of football flesh,which was his job. 

Wouldn't be his responsibility.His job would be to identify his targets and pass them up the line for approval (or otherwise)-any transfer fees/wages would have to be agreed by them.HR wouldn't have formulated transfer/wages budgets.Judging by his net transfer spend,he would appear to have been a good judge of football flesh,which was his job.

Free transfers can often be the most expensive signing you make, Tyson was a free at Derby but probably cost more than most players we have signed for a fee

Free transfers can often be the most expensive signing you make, Tyson was a free at Derby but probably cost more than most players we have signed for a fee

They can certainly be expensive if they hardly feature in the team.

It's easier with his backing to bring in players that are suitable for the cause.

He would have done zilch scouting this summer, unlike many of the other Championship clubs who had to work extremely hard to get their deals done.

The most annoying thing about him is this perceived reputation he has of a 'wheeler and dealer'. How does a guy with an open checkbook and unlimited wage bill fit that description?

The worst comment of all was when he tried to make himself look good re. Richard Dunne. He said "No other club would touch him this summer and I gave him the chance" etc. No other club would touch him because of his $30,000-a-week wages. I'm sure if he was on a moderate $3,000 he would have had a lot of clubs interested in signing him.

He's not a wheeler and dealer, he's probably the only manager to spend more than $50m at FOUR seperate Premier League clubs.

Many Prem managers have spent fortunes and got nowhere (except downwards).

At four seperate clubs?

I think Harry Redknapp has good man-management skills, he certanly knows how to handle players and that's a big plus.

But he's not a good coach, he's tactically clueless at times and he's incredibly 'iffy' when it comes to the transfer market.

Those saying he could do well as England boss have only one leg to stand on, he's probably one of the best out there to relate to the players. But he would need an excellent coaching team, and a very good assistant manager to guide him tactically.

Don't know how you could call his transfer dealings "iffy" when his career net spend is relatively modest.Who spent the lion's share of QPR cash,HR or MH?

You don't have to be a good coach as a manager (I don't think BC was,but he was certainly a good motivator),as you can employ coaches.

Don't know how you could call his transfer dealings "iffy" when his career net spend is relatively modest.Who spent the lion's share of QPR cash,HR or MH?

You don't have to be a good coach as a manager (I don't think BC was,but he was certainly a good motivator),as you can employ coaches.

Modest? West Ham making a fortune on their academy products certainly wasn't Harry's doing...

Plus, didn't he say 'I won't have the chairman's pants down' a few days prior to signing Samba for $9m?

Harry is the sort of bloke who would go to a $100 limit car boot sale with an open cheque book and come back with the car...

Sky Sports would then label him a wheeler and dealer and his dog Rosie would bail him out of not paying his car tax.

Academy products aren't worth a fortune without someone giving them a chance,developing them and being prepared to take the hits of the inevitable mistakes that youngsters learning their trade will make.

Why don't you mention the transfer of Iffy Bale,bought for £7m and sold for a reported c£70m profit (and not featuring in the net spend figure I saw).

Is that just transfer fees?

Free players can be hugely expensive. Didn't Zlatan only cost PSG £12-14m? And Owen cost Real about £8m? I'm sure it wasn't the €20m that put clubs off buying Ibrahimovic's contract. Getting him off the wage bill was huge for Milan.

Academy products aren't worth a fortune without someone giving them a chance,developing them and being prepared to take the hits of the inevitable mistakes that youngsters learning their trade will make.

Why don't you mention the transfer of Iffy Bale,bought for £7m and sold for a reported c£70m profit (and not featuring in the net spend figure I saw).

But those players had little to do with Harry Redknapp...

And regardng Bale, Redknapp didn't scout him, he didn't buy him, he didn't train him, he didn't even sell him. All he did was pick him in the team and man-manage him.

Tottenham's football directors and coaches did all the donkey work.

Usually leaves his clubs in a financial $hit storm. Aside from West Ham, pays little to no attention in developing youth.

In addition to this, he has a face like a bulldog chewing on a wasp whilst licking pi$$ from a nettle. Take away their fortunately acquired position in the Premier Leage, dont envy QPR and the state they will enevitably have to recover themselves from in the very near future when 'arry has departed.

That said......anybody fancy him for the England position?? Don't know if its been considered before.

But those players had little to do with Harry Redknapp...

And regardng Bale, Redknapp didn't scout him, he didn't buy him, he didn't train him, he didn't even sell him. All he did was pick him in the team and man-manage him.

Tottenham's football directors and coaches did all the donkey work.

Had little to do with Redknapp? He was promoted to manager from head of youth development and introduced several of the players he had previously been nurturing (with Lampard snr),so I'd say he had rather a lot to do with them.

I'll admit my memory was playing tricks re Bale,though I did acknowledge earlier that he didn't sell him.He doesn't feature in the figures anyway.

Is that just transfer fees?

Free players can be hugely expensive. Didn't Zlatan only cost PSG £12-14m? And Owen cost Real about £8m? I'm sure it wasn't the €20m that put clubs off buying Ibrahimovic's contract. Getting him off the wage bill was huge for Milan.

Don't know,but that would apply equally to SAF and AW dealings,to whom he was being compared.

Usually leaves his clubs in a financial $hit storm. Aside from West Ham, pays little to no attention in developing youth.

In addition to this, he has a face like a bulldog chewing on a wasp whilst licking pi$$ from a nettle. Take away their fortunately acquired position in the Premier Leage, dont envy QPR and the state they will enevitably have to recover themselves from in the very near future when 'arry has departed.

That said......anybody fancy him for the England position?? Don't know if its been considered before.

If anyone left the clubs in a financial mess it was the owners.They're the ones that set budgets they subsequently couldn't afford to cover.They're the ones (either directly or through their appointed executives) who could say yes or no to any transfer.Do you seriously expect any manager to go to an owner and ask if same can cover this expenditure.Should he ask to see bank statements and copies of accounts relating to other companies they may own? Do the managers of Chelsea and City ask these questions? It seems to me that you blame whoever you dislike the most.In Leeds' case it was Ridsdale that got the flak-following your logic it should have been the managers.

Redknapp appears to have got QPR out of a mess by gaining promotion,however fortuitously.

Archived