Superstitions

admira

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wearing the same unwashed Derby shirt for every game. Every game I've worn it this year we've won and every time I forget to hide it from the missus during wash day we always drop points. The shirt is safe is the loft currently, she wont find it up there. :)

I have always said i am not superstitious.

What a pile of **** that turned out to be, I never predict a score or even a result in case i put the crabs on it. I wear the same jacket and shirt (always washed) and shoes to games, Because our form dipped when i started to wear a new coat and new trainers.

I know for a fact that it can't affect the result, But do it anyway.

I will change clothes every week next season just to fook this stupidity off, But won't risk it next week :D

I also no longer take the wife to games. She hasn't seen us win since Southend in 2006!

She has only been to about six games since but that's enough to convince me I will be watching the play off final alone.

My son gave me a lucky elastic band to wear around my wrist when McClaren arrived (post-Ipswich in October). I wore it for every home game thereafter, but lost it around xmas. Didn't wear it for Wigan or Chelsea and so he replaced it with 3 new ones (1 for the left, 2 for the right).

Forgot to put them on for the Yeovil game and found them in my coat pocket when two-nil down. We have yet to lose when I have worn them at a match. (Including Brighton away)

Also, I have been growing a beard since assured of the playoffs, as I did that last time when we won them...

Otherwise, nothing really! Apart from wearing the same unwashed shirt to the match for each game. Change shirt and wash the old one if we lose!

Since Middlesbrough away I've been wearing the same shirt (Derbyshire BS) and scarf I wore through the last playoff campaign. The shirt gets washed each match, the scarf doesn't. We returned from Brighton on the Saturday night - but the shirt was still washed for Sunday morning. 

Archived