Anyone watching the game in Nottm?

DissRam

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was considering it but most of the pubs that show football are knuckle dragging **** holes so I've decided to stay in. I like my head on its shoulders.

You ever done it before? My thoughts are like yours basically, you look at most pubs around Nottingham and you think you'd get a really warm welcome in them celebrating a goal with your Derby shirt on...

I've watched games over the years. Never in a rams shirt though. I grew up just outside Nottingham. There are some utter nob heads in Nottingham and most support forest. It the kind of place u can get punched in the face because some guy had an argument with his mrs. Having said that it's much nicer now than when I left 10yrs ago!

I've been forced to watch Derby games in Notts a few times, don't wear a Derby shirt though. Think I might head down to Hooters, it tends to be more Notts County in there so I've enjoyed the mutual dislike of the Red Dogs before. Plus it's right next door. I'm going for the football, honest.  :ph34r:

Nah I came back to the parents to watch it, can't think of anything worse than watching it in a Nottingham pub if we lose.

I like your avatar btw. "It's okay Lynn, the boys are back in the barracks"

Steve Coogan is a comic genius! Can't wait for the Alpha Papa sequel. 

Watched us beat Newcastle last time in prem, sat in Chestnut Tree in sherwood with the black away shirt on, only 6 blokes in the pub mind and still got loads a grief, especially when Miller scored that screamer!

Possibly in The Southbank in West Bridgford which possibly is the wrong end of town for you (decent 10 minute walk for me). Wouldn't consider wearing colours (I don't ever anyway) but often a mix of 'fans' in there due to number of contractors always working locally, students and other 'expats'.

Possibly in The Southbank in West Bridgford which possibly is the wrong end of town for you (decent 10 minute walk for me). Wouldn't consider wearing colours (I don't ever anyway) but often a mix of 'fans' in there due to number of contractors always working locally, students and other 'expats'.

Well I live next to the train station so it's only a 10-15 minute stroll for me too or a 2 minute bus journey. Never considered it, given how close it is to Forest.  

Well I live next to the train station so it's only a 10-15 minute stroll for me too or a 2 minute bus journey. Never considered it, given how close it is to Forest.  

Unfortunately something has cropped up at work meaning I'm doubtful to watch it... but I think The Southbank is possibly the best pub in Notts to watch footy

Archived