Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

Ive said since the thorne deal, that we need another option at rbk (nothing against christie he may be 1st choice) a cbk leader, a goalscoring wide man, and a stk (wood all day long) we missed out on dyer as the wide player he went to watford, wud have been ideal

Wide Man - GMS - he's fairly young still, he's a proven player, needs to be a little more consistent but a bargain at 600k ish!

Striker - Chris Wood - with Leicester going for Deeney for

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would we be more attractive than Wolves if he was guaranteed to start? No chance. As for GMS, I don't know him, I've watched him only briefly, but if he is a "bargain", our scouting and financial set up will prepare an offer, if not, we won't. Simples. The set up only have the club at their best interest, so if he will improve us, we'll go in for him. I'm not wholly convinced he's better than what we have.

So you think he'll be prepare to step down from PL football to mid-table in the Chanpionship? I'd rather fight for a place in a top 6 team! He'd get started, and the competition between the two Chrissys would improve them both!

Would disagree massively with this. The 5th best defensive record is fantastic for a team who plays in the style we play! You don't usually get many teams who finish as highest scorers and lowest conceded. It's too tough of a league. You either get the very efficient sorts like your Cardiffs who don't score all that many but hardly concede or you get the types of teams who will score for fun but will not be water tight at the back. 

I'm not sure... Leicester were 2nd top scorers and 3rd best defence... Burnley were 4th best attack and best defence...

Better defence usually more important across a season than better attack so for me if we're gonna win the league we need a top 3 defensive record 

So you think he'll be prepare to step down from PL football to mid-table in the Chanpionship? I'd rather fight for a place in a top 6 team! He'd get started, and the competition between the two Chrissys would improve them both!

Who says Wolves will be midtable. Got a handy squad and I think they'll push top 6. He's worked with Jackett previously so they probably have a good working relationship (was brilliant at Milwall).

Who says Wolves will be midtable. Got a handy squad and I think they'll push top 6. He's worked with Jackett previously so they probably have a good working relationship (was brilliant at Milwall).

I've heard that perdition a lot and I understand it. I've even heard some say they'll go on and win it! But I can't see then finishing in the playoffs, because while they performed well in L1, I feel like there's such a level playing field that they won't do as well as expected.

Just my opinion:)

I'm not sure... Leicester were 2nd top scorers and 3rd best defence... Burnley were 4th best attack and best defence...

Better defence usually more important across a season than better attack so for me if we're gonna win the league we need a top 3 defensive record 

So leicester were only 2 places higher in the defensive tables than us yet comfortably won the division. It is very rare for a team to score as many as we did AND have a 'play off' standard goals conceded and to not go up

You got me... In honesty, I want Mackay-Steven, Wood and Batth.

I think that'd at the very least double what we've already spent this summer and I can't see the owners okaying that. It was okay splashing the money on Thorne as, injury free, his value will not go down and he isn't a risk. The other three are unknown quantities (Wood not so much but still was third choice striker for Leicester) and so it is difficult to spend a lot of money on these when Mac probably thinks he can get better quality on loan. 

Archived