Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

Shane Duffy from Everton on loan. I've heard a couple of rumours mentioning him so who knows. He has also tweeted 'Off to Austria' which is strange as we are due there soon. May be nothing in it but I reckon he wouldn't be too bad as an additional centre half.

Good shout. Looked decent in a poor Yeovil side last season and still young. Also, can't imagine wages will be that high, certainly not as high as Wisdom's. Worth a look in my opinion.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shane Duffy from Everton on loan. I've heard a couple of rumours mentioning him so who knows. He has also tweeted 'Off to Austria' which is strange as we are due there soon. May be nothing in it but I reckon he wouldn't be too bad as an additional centre half.

Everton also travel to Austria for a pre season tour.

How is it? We're allegedly after Thorne, McClean and Gamboa anyway... Them + 2 loans is around the number I would expect us to bring in.

I'd like to see you try and sign Thorne, Gamboa and Ritchie with the money we have...not happening. 2/3 at the very most.

Sam Gallagher? 6ft 4 striker from Southampton, looked decent when coming on for them last season.

Started to break into the Southampton first team towards the end of last season.

Depends if Koeman likes him I suppose, if he's out of favour then it might be worth a loan move.

I'd like to see you try and sign Thorne, Gamboa and Ritchie with the money we have...not happening. 2/3 at the very most.

How do you know how big our transfer budget is? The owners are obviously seriously investing this year so I think we may have a fairly large budget.

As much as I would like Ritchie though, it would take big money to get him as Bournemouth would play hardball ie. Francis.

Barnsley apparently, according to that PeteO.

Would not be surprised if we went in for him though - it seems like we're in the market for a winger. I thought Prem clubs would be sniffing around him but, if it's just Barnsley, I'd take a gamble.

Archived