Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

Confidence which could be construed as 'arrogance' etc, are part of a serious strikers armory, From Shearer, to Messi and even our own Chrissy, its part of who they are, and as for low end Prem clubs, we can, should the 'powers that be' choose to, compete with them as Bryson's signing has shown, so its all about whether the 'powers that be'  know he's out there and that he may need a club  at which believes he can fulfil his ambitions with...

Oh, I'd definitely have him at Derby but he thinks he is better than us...  

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might laugh but could do worse than Marcus Tudgay (free agent) purely as cover for Martin. Has a similar style in that he holds the ball quite well and can lay it off so might help us continue a similar pattern of play if Martin does miss a few games this time around (thankfully didn't happen so much last year).

Plus he has continued to chip in with the odd goal (about 1 every 3 or 4) at most of the clubs he's been at or on loan with.

Whereas Sammon didn't really fit into our style of play when he was called upon as he cant hold the ball so well (hence v Millwall it was a big struggle). Plus doesn't really look particularly likely to score unless he flukes one with a miskick that fools the keeper.

Though perhaps we have our eye on bigger fish what with the worldwide scouting network we now have in place?

You might laugh but could do worse than Marcus Tudgay (free agent) purely as cover for Martin. Has a similar style in that he holds the ball quite well and can lay it off so might help us continue a similar pattern of play if Martin does miss a few games this time around (thankfully didn't happen so much last year).

Plus he has continued to chip in with the odd goal (about 1 every 3 or 4) at most of the clubs he's been at or on loan with.

Whereas Sammon didn't really fit into our style of play when he was called upon as he cant hold the ball so well (hence v Millwall it was a big struggle). Plus doesn't really look particularly likely to score unless he flukes one with a miskick that fools the keeper.

Though perhaps we have our eye on bigger fish what with the worldwide scouting network we now have in place?

:blink:

Currently labouring doing building work according to his twitter so might be hard to knock off the ball? Plus might be able to help with any extension work around the training ground too if that's the case.

Leon Best is available from Blackburn...would anyone be interested in him as backup to Martin? I've always thought he was a decent player although wages may be an issue.

Also, Christian Bolanos....Costa Rica midfielder/winger...is available on a free. Had a decent World Cup and has a good set piece on him. Was one of Costa Rica's top performers.

Scored 22 league goals last year for them, one of my 'dark horses' for top scorer this season.

Kieran Agard, Rotherham, plays as a striker or winger, 24, rejected a new deal,

Think he would expect first team football after the season he had in League One and I don't think we could provide that for him. Would be a better back up than Sammon, but couldn't see him being picked ahead of Russell if I'm honest.

Archived