Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think signing the best left back in the league to come and sit on our bench or dropping Forsyth is a bit unrealistic B4.

Besides, we need a right back first and foremost, who do you reckon we should get for that?

We already have the best LB in the league... And he just signed a new contract... Why would we need to sign him again and then stick him on the bench?

;)

I'm amazed that people think that Yedlin will be cheap.

He is to Seattle Sounders what Will Hughes is to us... and they are currently on fire - 10pts clear at the top of Western and looking to win the MLS playoffs. 

As for fans and revenue comment - last season's average attendance for the Sounders was over 44k - they are a big club, and huge attendance considering that they also have the Seahawks who just won the Superbowl. 

It's not just a retirement home anymore...

I'm amazed that people think that Yedlin will be cheap.

He is to Seattle Sounders what Will Hughes is to us... and they are currently on fire - 10pts clear at the top of Western and looking to win the MLS playoffs. 

As for fans and revenue comment - last season's average attendance for the Sounders was over 44k - they are a big club, and huge attendance considering that they also have the Seahawks who just won the Superbowl. 

It's not just a retirement home anymore...

This. In 10 years the MLS will be in the top 5/6 leagues in the world for me.

Will never be a top league, never never never.

Sunday league mixed with money grabbing final pay cheque stars. Had to laugh when Defoe started crying how he didn't get picked for England...erm...everyone thought you had retired.

Yedlin would jump at the chance to play real competitive football, Sounders shouldn't stand in his way if a offer comes in.

Will never be a top league, never never never.

Sunday league mixed with money grabbing final pay cheque stars. Had to laugh when Defoe started crying how he didn't get picked for England...erm...everyone thought you had retired.

Yedlin would jump at the chance to play real competitive football, Sounders shouldn't stand in his way if a offer comes in.

A sunday league that went further in an arguably tougher WC group, without the money grabbing stars, than England. Go figure.

A sunday league that went further in an arguably tougher WC group, without the money grabbing stars, than England. Go figure.

I didn't realise MLS took part in the World Cup?

Tim Howard - Everton

DeMarcus Beasley - Puebla

Mikkel Diskerud - Rosenborg

Jermaine Jones - Be?ikta?

Julian Green - Bayern Munich

Alejandro Bedoya - Nantes

Jozy Altidore - Sunderland

Geoff Cameron - Stoke

Fabian Johnson - Hoffenheim

John Brooks - Hertha Berlin

Aron Johannsson - AZ Alkmaar

Brad Guzan - Aston Villa

Timmy Chandler - Nuernberg

13 out of the 23 man squad don't even play in the Sunday League/Retirement Home MLS

Top 5/6 leagues in the world? LOL :lol:

Name me leagues that will be superioir?

The Premiership, Bundesliga and La Liga are givens, possibily Serie A, although the standard of the Italian league's have fallen drastically.

If soccer grows in the USA then it holds no boundires. If it becomes more and more popular, the funindg available to the clubs ect will have no limits.

Problem MLS has apart from being crap is they have no competitions players want to play in. Over in Europe we have Champions League and Europa League, what do they have?

MLS will continue as it is, any decent player come through the ranks at a club will jump ship to Europe, players over 30 in Europe that are ready for retirement but want a final pay cheque will go to the MLS. Absolutely nothing will change. 

Problem MLS has apart from being crap is they have no competitions players want to play in. Over in Europe we have Champions League and Europa League, what do they have?

MLS will continue as it is, any decent player come through the ranks at a club will jump ship to Europe, players over 30 in Europe that are ready for retirement but want a final pay cheque will go to the MLS. Absolutely nothing will change. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the popularity was to increase, for a new tournement on a larger scale to the club world cup. If the American national side continues to improve, and the side become successful, more fans will become interested. Watching domestic league's will become more commen and more investment will occur because of this. This world cup has done more for US soccer in 3 weeks then Beckham and Henry have done in 5, no doubt.

Archived