Derby Pride - Bring on the playoffs.

Scott_dcfc

First and foremost I would just like to say, what a season it has been!

Some of the football that we have had the pleasure of seeing this season has been nothing short of magnificent. The Bryson hatrick against the Gumps, the comeback against Yeovil and many more scenes that have been followed by so much joy, and maybe, just maybe - the thought that this year could be our year.

Whatever the playoffs bring, whether we win at Wembley or get knocked out of the semi's, let's not forget how graced we are to be in this position.

Fans all over the country dream of being in the position we are in.

We should enjoy and savour every minute that's left on the pitch for us as Derby County fans.

Nothing is a given in the playoffs. Anything could happen, but by God let's stick it to any team we face. The Derby faithful in nothing but absolute full voice is the minimum requirement.

Let's put in as much effort we can as fans, as what the team will be putting into getting Derby County back to the Premier League.

We all know this team has what it takes.

Let's show the world, the fans have what it takes, too.

Bring on the playoffs.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hear hear

Obviously I would be ecstatic if we were to win promotion, but I can honestly say this has been one of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember as a Ram, and if we were to miss out, it would still have been a brilliant ride.

It's not just the fact that we're in the position we are right now; it encompasses the whole season from the unexpected win away at Brighton, to the hammering of Millwall at their place, right the way through to the sense of positivity and belief which the new coaching team instilled and the subsequent fearless, beautiful football we've shown.

Every single player has done their bit and should feel immensely proud of not only what they've achieved on the pitch, but what they have given to us fans and the city as a whole.

Hear hear

Obviously I would be ecstatic if we were to win promotion, but I can honestly say this has been one of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember as a Ram, and if we were to miss out, it would still have been a brilliant ride.

It's not just the fact that we're in the position we are right now; it encompasses the whole season from the unexpected win away at Brighton, to the hammering of Millwall at their place, right the way through to the sense of positivity and belief which the new coaching team instilled and the subsequent fearless, beautiful football we've shown.

Every single player has done their bit and should feel immensely proud of not only what they've achieved on the pitch, but what they have given to us fans and the city as a whole.

Well said, and I echo your statement.

And all this talk of Wembley makes me nervous . We're not there yet, we have to beat Brighton over two games first.

I understand it's hard not to get carried away, but we need to take it one game at a time, and enjoy the ride.

Up the Rams!

Everyone will be very fresh, lets try and get out the blocks quickly and grab an early goal.

We should not be afraid at all but we need to keep the back door shut Sir Jake and Sir Richard.

Brightons manager. Is getting on my nerves he's arrogant.

Sounds like a right knob does Garcia, saying we deserved 3rd, how rude!

Albion head coach Oscar Garcia has vowed to have his battered troops ready for the challenge of toppling Derby County in the play-offs.

The Seagulls have refocused on Thursday evening’s first leg at the Amex following Saturday’s sapping and exhilarating snatching of sixth spot at Nottingham Forest.

Oscar will almost certainly be without Bruno (groin) and Dale Stephens (ankle) again for Derby’s visit.

Keith Andrews and Matt Upson were among the players also carrying knocks ahead of the Forest game but Albion have regrouped as they attempt to avenge their two narrow defeats against Derby during the regular season.

Oscar told The Argus: “We have a game on Thursday against a team we haven’t beaten in the league and we will be ready to try to beat them.

“We are at home in the first game in front of our fans and I’m sure it will be a great atmosphere. We’ll do our best.

“They (Derby) deserve to be there, they deserved to finish third. “For me they were the third-best team in the league. Their season was fantastic but we will be ready.”

Oscar would rather be away in the first leg, despite Albion’s defeat in the second leg at the Amex against Crystal Palace under Gus Poyet last year.

The Spaniard said: “I know what happened last season but I would always want to have the final game at home.”

Albion are 7-2 outsiders with most bookmakers to win the play-offs. Derby are the 9-4 favourites, QPR and Wigan 5-2.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11192748.Oscar_pledges_his_battered_troops_will_be_ready_for_Rams/

Archived