Teacher stabbed to death in Leeds School

davenportram

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They might have got some parents in, of the kids who actually witnessed it and probably removed that class altogether from main school circulation.

Bad time for all, including the teachers, she'd have been a mate of theirs.

Apparantly he's gone behind her and stabbed her in the neck repeatedly (according to news).

Poor poor woman.

If it's murder, then a mandatory life sentence. This would involve being incarcerated in a secure young offenders institution (what we used to call 'Borstal') until the age of 18, then he will be moved to prison.

Irrespective of whether a minimum sentence is imposed or not, murderers are only eligible for release when they convince the parole board that they are no longer a 'danger'. Any release is 'under licence', and any breaking of the terms of his parole means that they can be locked up again.

If it's manslaughter, then your guess is as good as mine.

So you lot still have decent sentences. Glad to hear.

More than fifty murders were committed by people out on bail last year, and five people were murdered by people out on licence during the past four years.

Part of a schools "normal" operations is keeping kids safe. That's why they have stayed open. Not all parents will be able to leave work/ get a day off work.

Better to provide a central point for the kids to go, be looked after and provide mutual support.

Of course nothing would be learned, or I'd say taught, today. But a school is its own community, being together as a school could help some come to terms with it. Also provide a central location for the police to conduct interviews.

Really shocked by this and as others have said, it will have terrible effects on both families. Such a shame for all involved.

Makes me think of the film: We need to talk about Kevin, which should be on the national curriculum.

Archived