Anyone work in Recruitment/HR?

robglosta

I currently have NO idea about recruitment, and am looking for paid sites which offer good value and decent results.

Is anyone experienced in this field, and able to offer some advice?

The roles are for software development and marketing, if it helps.  Entry level graduate.

Muchos,

Glos

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a software developer but I'll give marketing a go, I might be crap but I can just be the face that attracts female clients? I don't mind being used if the pay is good

Sold - when can you start?  If that's you in the profile pic, we'll call it £6.30 ph.

I currently have NO idea about recruitment, and am looking for paid sites which offer good value and decent results.

The roles are for software development and marketing, if it helps.  Entry level graduate.

Muchos,

Glos

I have absolutely no idea what you are taking about but I can use Word.

If you are interested PM me with details.

Linkedin is good, also if you are looking for grads try jobsite.

Problem you are going to get is to ensure you get a high enough quality, dont know what you are looking at but off shore resources could be an option to, good price and you will get quality.

Thats software development im talking about, we often recruit through them ways, although mostly on a daily rate.

Muchos,

Glos

Hi Mate

I have been in recruitment for quite a few years now [Financial services] IMO some of the sites are very poor .Most of the cv's although current, the candidates are testing the water ,do not return calls etc. This applies to Monster and Total jobs,recruitment agencies tend to charge as a percentage of salary [make sure you get a retention clause ] in case they leave or do not work out.

I recently advertised in a local paper and suprisingly got great results for an admin role witin the business, the cost was £180 for two weeks plus web advert thrown in .We also use trade papers, not an expert in your industry but you will know who they are . Happy to have a quick look on the two afore mentioned sites if you give me a postcode / location Hope this helps .

Linkedin is good, also if you are looking for grads try jobsite.

Problem you are going to get is to ensure you get a high enough quality, dont know what you are looking at but off shore resources could be an option to, good price and you will get quality.

Thats software development im talking about, we often recruit through them ways, although mostly on a daily rate.

Thanks mate, Job Site seem really affordable :cool:

Hi Mate

I have been in recruitment for quite a few years now [Financial services] IMO some of the sites are very poor .Most of the cv's although current, the candidates are testing the water ,do not return calls etc. This applies to Monster and Total jobs,recruitment agencies tend to charge as a percentage of salary [make sure you get a retention clause ] in case they leave or do not work out.

I recently advertised in a local paper and suprisingly got great results for an admin role witin the business, the cost was £180 for two weeks plus web advert thrown in .We also use trade papers, not an expert in your industry but you will know who they are . Happy to have a quick look on the two afore mentioned sites if you give me a postcode / location Hope this helps .

Hi King Kevin,

That's really useful, thanks.  I have used Total Jobs but it was a washout. 

The location is Bury St Eds (software dev) and Basildon (marketing).  Recruitment is a total minefield!

Archived