Sam Vince

DcFc Dyycheee

Teenage goalkeeper Sam Vince has been linked with Championship high-flyers Leicester City and Derby County after turning down a new contract with Boston United.

This week’s Non-League Paper also claims Premier League Aston Villa and Johnstone’s Paint Trophy winners Peterborough United are monitoring the highly-rated 17-year-old.

If he does move on this summer, the Pilgrims will be entitled to compensation for Vince, who has made 12 first-team appearances this season.

The youth team graduate was left out of the squad for Saturday’s home clash with Gloucester City in the wake of turning down a deal for next season. Boston manager Dennis Greene feels Vince has lost focus after having his “head turned by an agent”.

“He seems to think his future is going to be elsewhere,” said a disappointed Greene.

“It looks like he wants to go on trial at different clubs. We’ll retain him at the end of the season. If someone wants to sign him then they’ll have to do a deal with us or pay compensation.

“It’s left me disappointed. I gave Sam his opportunity this year when I could have brought another goalkeeper in.

“I told him he’d have a chance of being first-choice keeper next season and we’ve offered him a decent contract, but he’s turned it down.

"I think he's been badly advised and we'll see where it leaves him next season.”

Greene gave Vince his senior debut when, as a 16-year-old, he played in last season’s Lincolnshire Senior Shield final against Gainsborough Trinity. Boston won the match 3-1. - http://www.bostontarget.co.uk/Boston-United-keeper-Sam-Vince-linked-Leicester/story-20883815-detail/story.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

No doubt Eric Steele has assessed our collection of goalkeepers and decided that the group assembled under Clough and Martin Taylor are not really up to scratch.

I'm sure Legzdins and Atkins will follow Deeney soon.

So if Legzdins (wanting first team football) and Atkins were to go, that would leave us with Grant, Roos, Morch and Etheridge.

If this lad is any good I'd imagine he'd go in the under 18 team, with Etheridge in the under 21 team, maybe have Morch out on loan and Roos as back up to Grant?

A lot will probably depend on whether Legzdins and Atkins go.

Goalkeepers are like cheese.

The older....the better....

the smellier.....the fatter......the bluer.....

Bloody crackers!

I'm a mild cheese man meself.

older goalkeepers make my mouth itch.

Archived