Charlie Adam

Mattress

According to the Blackpool Evening Gazette website, we are trying to hijack Blackpool's move for Charlie Adam, which could explain the fact we didn't take Fotheringham on.

The paper also claims Forest are in pole position for Barker.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wants to stay at Rangers, since Blackpool agreed a fee they haven't heard from him since, he went up to Scotland to speak with Walter Smith to convince him Rangers need him. Preston are also thought to be interested as well.

I also thought Adam played on the left wing?

CHARLIE ADAM'S proposed £500,000 move to Blackpool could be hijacked by a late bid from Derby County.

The 23-year-old made a major impact during a loan spell with the Seasiders in the second half of last season.

He assured his popularity with Blackpool fans by scoring a derby winner against Preston.

However, Derby County boss Nigel Clough is believed to have registered an interest in Adam's services, and Blackpool gaffer Ian Hollway is scared he could lose out on the dead-ball expert.

Hollway said: "Charlie needs to know how much the town loved him. But I have a horrible feeling that someone else may nip in.

"So far Charlie has ignored our calls. He's blamed it on his agent. It seems he is stalling.

"Whether he is waiting for another club to come in for him I'm not sure."

Adam made just 11 appearances for Rangers last term with the final one in a 1-0 Old Firm derby defeat in December.

The left-sided midfielder made his Gers debut as a teenager in May, 2004, before successful loan spells at Ross County and St Mirren, where he won a First Division title medal.

Adam played 89 games for Rangers, netting 18 goals.

He will be the first player to be sold by Rangers this summer as manager Walter Smith looks to trim his squad and recoup some money.

[url=http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2519660.0.ramraid_launched_to_nick_adam.php]http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...o_nick_adam.php

played well last season blackpool fans love him and he scored the winner in their local derby against preston haha told a few of the lads in the office they aren't impressed they are starting to use the forest line ffs derby and preston just seem to be going for everyone we are interested in apparently now they tried to get kisnorbo 2 weeks ago but he wasn't interested they also wanted croft aswell

• 1 year later...

we was outstanding at Derby last year.....absolutely outstanding

but.....

1. when he leaves Blackpool, this will hardly be his first choice destination

2. he's showing himself to be something of a greedy **** in his contract dispute. They paid him a promotion bonus of £400k.

we was outstanding at Derby last year.....absolutely outstanding

but.....

1. when he leaves Blackpool, this will hardly be his first choice destination

2. he's showing himself to be something of a greedy **** in his contract dispute. They paid him a promotion bonus of £400k.

I presume he's not been paid what hes been owed? I'd be exstatic with £400k, but I suppose if they'd agreed to pay him more he's entitled to demand they pay what they said they would.

I presume he's not been paid what hes been owed? I'd be exstatic with £400k, but I suppose if they'd agreed to pay him more he's entitled to demand they pay what they said they would.

They contracted to pay him £100k if they survived in the championship and £400k if they got promoted.

He says that promotion means he should have got both i.e. £500k.

= Greedy ****

Archived