Following on from DET article: Pick your side.

Ambitious

Because, general play wise, he's not very good on the right and nobody knows what he's be like as a lone striker.

Personally I don't think it's worth changing, we know that that team will score. Yes I agree bamford from open play isn't a patch on Dawkins or Russell but Chris Martin is the linchpin of our attacking play he cannot be dropped considering he is on 17 goals for the season and has vasts amount of experience.

Therefore there is no spot for Bamford up top, his goal scoring cannot be sacrificed so he plays on the right.

I really can't see any way around it until Bamford has a shocker or Martin gets injured.

However these are great problems to have and having Russell and Dawkins as options is such a luxury.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the games in hand that everyone has over us that terrifies me. IF we beat QPR then we go 1 point away, plus then we need QPR, Forest and Burnley to all drop points in the games in hand. Then, and only then, will we be a point away from 2nd. Which means they all need to drop points again and we need to win our game. Plus then we have to have the consistency to stay there.

I mean I'm trying to keep the faith in our automatic chances, but come on...? Not looking great to be honest. But crazier things have happened I guess.

And besides, who can argue with our current position anyway? Will be happy with playoffs, but delirious with automatic.

But anyway, this isn't the thread to discuss our automatic chances.

It's the games in hand that everyone has over us that terrifies me. IF we beat QPR then we go 1 point away, plus then we need QPR, Forest and Burnley to all drop points in the games in hand. Then, and only then, will we be a point away from 2nd. Which means they all need to drop points again and we need to win our game. Plus then we have to have the consistency to stay there.

I mean I'm trying to keep the faith in our automatic chances, but come on...? Not looking great to be honest. But crazier things have happened I guess.

And besides, who can argue with our current position anyway? Will be happy with playoffs, but delirious with automatic.

But anyway, this isn't the thread to discuss our automatic chances.

Games in hand are only good if they win.

I don't know.

If we beat QPR and then beat Burnley when we play them we could have a real chance of being near their points total in 4 weeks time. 

Derby:  QPR - Shef Wed - Bournemouth - Burnley 

QPR: Derby - Reading - Charlton - Shef Wed

Burnley: Bolton - Bournemouth - Forest - Derby

I don't know.

If we beat QPR and then beat Burnley when we play them we could have a real chance of being near their points total in 4 weeks time. 

Derby:  QPR - Shef Wed - Bournemouth - Burnley 

QPR: Derby - Reading - Charlton - Shef Wed

Burnley: Bolton - Bournemouth - Forest - Derby

the two game in the middle are must wins for us 

Archived