George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where have you been? Crying over Alan Irvine? LOL

Sorry, that was a bit mean (I'm still fuming over last night's "performance")

I did say I wouldn't return until there was some news about Thorne

Re Irvine we will just have to wait and see. Unless he is mediocre he will be gone within 18 months anyhow. If he is useless (probable) he will be sacked before Christmas, if successful (doubt it) then he will leave for a bigger club.

Be interesting to see what players we bring in and if they are of the level of Lescott, then I will be happy.

Sorry, that was a bit mean (I'm still fuming over last night's "performance"

I did say I wouldn't return until there was some news about Thorne

Re Irvine we will just have to wait and see. Unless he is mediocre he will be gone within 18 months anyhow. If he is useless (probable) he will be sacked before Christmas, if successful (doubt it) then he will leave for a bigger club.

Be interesting to see what players we bring in and if they are of the level of Lescott, then I will be happy.

You seem to be after some big players on big wages.. You also seem to be interested in some central midfielders so maybe he might leave to raise some cash. We'll have to see. Cards in WBA's hands...

And don't worry, so am I haha

Irvine calls Thorne in for talks, Thorne reiterates what he's said he wants out and has no interest in playing for WBA.

Irvine tells Peace and Burton, let him go we don't need bad apples sulking around the club, this is a big season for us.

Ok, I'll call Ramnut and see what he thinks Derby should pay then I'll text Sam Rush and let him know what we want, no negotiations.

Naturally Irvine will tell Thorne to prove to him that he deserves a start and I feel he'll probably stick around to see how things pan out.

Going forward If he's not getting pitch time, then I can see Thorne becoming a ram, but certainly not before mid August when the season has already kicked off....

Long drawn saga I feel........

He'll probably sign next week now!! 

It's all about Thorne now.

If Irvine plays daddy and puts an arm round the shoulder, he could make a miraculous u-turn

On the other hand, he continues to stamp his feet...

I think it's as much to do with West Brom's signings.  Thorne was sent out to get fit and challenge for the first team, he did that and the first thing West Brom did was sign an experienced guy who plays in the same position (Craig Gardener). That must have been a massive kick in the teeth for Thorne.  If West Brom then go out and sign Rodwell, or someone similar, what message is that sending to Thorne?

The only way the chairman saves face is by buying a midfielder and selling george as surplus to requirements,

if thorne goes before a replacement comes in, then a a whinging player gets what he wants,

if thorne stays you have an unhappy player who has said he doesnt want to play for the club...

long winded yes but at the end of the day it means he becomes a permanent member of the rams family and I will welcome him with open arms

The only way the chairman saves face is by buying a midfielder and selling george as surplus to requirements,

if thorne goes before a replacement comes in, then a a whinging player gets what he wants,

if thorne stays you have an unhappy player who has said he doesnt want to play for the club...

long winded yes but at the end of the day it means he becomes a permanent member of the rams family and I will welcome him with open arms

And if we fail to get him we'll have to support whoever we get in his place. I'd be very surprised if the recruitment team haven't got another player lined up to step up to the plate, even if it's another loanee.

@ianallen1: @reluctantnicko have you heard anything about derby being potentially interested in andy king if they don't get Thorne?

@reluctantnicko: @ianallen1 Interesting ... might go into that tomorrow.

:/

Nixon said they'll be something in the Sunday people about us, assuming it's about Thorne not coming :(

Baggies potentially signing Rodwell as he worked with him at Evertons academy, good news potentially for a move for Thorne?

We get Thorne, they get Rodwell. Everyone is happy. So why isn't it that simple? So frustrating...

@ianallen1: @reluctantnicko have you heard anything about derby being potentially interested in andy king if they don't get Thorne?

@reluctantnicko: @ianallen1 Interesting ... might go into that tomorrow.

:/

Nixon said they'll be something in the Sunday people about us, assuming it's about Thorne not coming :(

Translation:

"Wow, that's a player I haven't mentioned for a few weeks. Let's see….."

(shakes magic 8-ball)

Archived