George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully they can complete before the month is out. How long before we need to start searching for a suitable alternative?

You can bet Chris Evans and the scouting team will have done their work, no searching required. It will be a case of move onto the next plan, which Steve Mac will be happy with if Thorne doesn't make the move.

I can't believe any club will risk losing money on a player by forcing them to stay against their will

They have rejected his transfer request, however if Thorne kicked up a fuss about being forces to sign a contract to go out on loan, basically under duress, that contract could be deemed void. Would the other players at WBA be concerned about how they treat players, will their squad have the character or desire to recover from this years crap season.

It'll go on another month before we pay finally what WBA wants and he comes here.

WBA playing themselves up to look good for their fans through stringent denial... Makes our board look good when it happens eventually.

Just wait.

#deluded

If that were the case we would have accepted his transfer request and then accepted a bid from a club whose bid at least matched our valuation as we would have been 10% better off of the transfer fee.

Now Derby will have to bid at least 110% of what we value him at to make us consider the bid.

I'd say it's less likely he will be joining DCFC now after today. I can imagine it being similar to the Odemwingie situation. Made to come back into the team, if he carries on kicking up a fuss sold to someone else next season or in January.

Its fairly obvious he doesn't want to be at WBA and i'd let him go but as some have already mentioned JP isn't like most chairmen.

Then that's pathetic. Sold to someone else? In spite?

You're getting Tim Sherwood

You give control of buying/ selling to one man but then it's down to an entirely different bloke to use these players

You spite other clubs when one of your own players wants to leave. Leave West Brom? How dare he?

Nice

I can't believe any club will risk losing money on a player by forcing them to stay against their will

They have rejected his transfer request, however if Thorne kicked up a fuss about being forces to sign a contract to go out on loan, basically under duress, that contract could be deemed void. Would the other players at WBA be concerned about how they treat players, will their squad have the character or desire to recover from this years crap season.

I think it'd make me want to play on short term contracts. Or big money on long contracts so I can sit and soak up some cash while they block my exit.

This JP must have a tiny penis.

#deluded

If that were the case we would have accepted his transfer request and then accepted a bid from a club whose bid at least matched our valuation as we would have been 10% better off of the transfer fee.

Now Derby will have to bid at least 110% of what we value him at to make us consider the bid.

What do you value him at, exactly, and has that significantly changed since he had a decent spell at Derby?

Do you rate him highly enough that he would get in the team (Or matchday squad) ahead of Gardner? Only got near first team when injuries struck...

You haven't seen enough of him to make that judgement.

Keeping Thorne at WBA somewhere he doesnt want to be it just bad business and negative for everyone. Pretty sure a baggie fan said Koumas or someone did something similar and this JP was a douche about that as well. The player still left though. I think WBA are 'deluded' at actually how big they really are.

Just a matter of time.

Anyone who thinks that Thorne signed a three and a half year contract under duress, just to get a three month loan, is away with the fairies. He had already been out on loan with Watford. West Bromwich Albion are basically saying 'you signed a contract of your own free will, now you can stay and fight for your place.' If Hughes or Hendrick slapped in a transfer request tomorrow would we want Derby to fold and give in to the request? Not a prayer, Derby fans would collectively tell any suitor to sod off unless the bid was absolutely massive and we could use the money to improve the team. Criticising West Brom is just double standards, they are behaving exactly as we would expect Sam Rush to behave.

I find it quite flattering. Just the fact that the WBA massiv deem to lower themselves to a DCFC fan board to squabble about how not **** they are shows a huge lack of confidence in their current structure and their next season. I think they also just like hanging out with us cos it's nice to be surrounded by positivity and pride. Funny that cos GT obviously feels the same way!

Anyone who thinks that Thorne signed a three and a half year contract under duress, just to get a three month loan, is away with the fairies. He had already been out on loan with Watford. West Bromwich Albion are basically saying 'you signed a contract of your own free will, now you can stay and fight for your place.' If Hughes or Hendrick slapped in a transfer request tomorrow would we want Derby to fold and give in to the request? Not a prayer, Derby fans would collectively tell any suitor to sod off unless the bid was absolutely massive and we could use the money to improve the team. Criticising West Brom is just double standards, they are behaving exactly as we would expect Sam Rush to behave.

Were Hughes and Hendrick considered 4th or 5th choice midfield options, out on loan, not getting near to the first team and having new signings coming in ahead of them I think we would accept their request.

Callum Ball openly wanted out due to his lack of opportunity at Derby and we let him move on.

@L1ghterfeul: @reluctantnicko heard Hughes has just about gone along with Keogh? Please say it's not true #DCFC

@reluctantnicko: @L1ghterfeul Not heard that one

@reluctantnicko: @L1ghterfeul Liverpool get the call if he is being sold. They have NOT had that call.

Well that's one thing, no news on Hughes going, so money isn't coming from a Hughes sale....

Were Hughes and Hendrick considered 4th or 5th choice midfield options, out on loan, not getting near to the first team and having new signings coming in ahead of them I think we would accept their request.

Callum Ball openly wanted out due to his lack of opportunity at Derby and we let him move on.

I agree entirely. Its like if we had a similar situation with Coutts. We would accept. This is just petty from WBA.

I agree entirely. Its like if we had a similar situation with Coutts. We would accept. This is just petty from WBA.

So you think we should roll over and accept £900,000 for a 21 year old midfielder who was the best midfielder in the championship at the end of the season? 

Until a bid has come in which will benefit WBA of course we will say he's not for sale. 

So you think we should roll over and accept £900,000 for a 21 year old midfielder who was the best midfielder in the championship at the end of the season? 

Until a bid has come in which will benefit WBA of course we will say he's not for sale.

he's got a point.

Boing boing

Archived