George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well being as he's more than likely in the states for 11 days now I'd say we have some time to kill! 400pages easy

Doesn't matter whether he's in America or the UK, when the deal is agreed, he comes to us. Even if he's been in America a day or two and then has to fly back, that's what we'll do. Even if he has to fly from America to Austria to join up with us, that's what we'll do.

We need to let go of this idea that it matters what country he is in. Obviously we want it sorted while both teams are in the UK but it's not a huge matter.

Don't want to sound sad,but here goes

Sacramento to Seattle. 3.5 hr connection

Seattle to Dusseldorf. 2.5 hr connection

Dusseldorf to Graz. Voila

Don't think you're not the only one whose mind this particular scenario crossed - although some of us hadn't worked out the timings.

But the man has a point. So what if GT goes off to the USA on this training camp? It's not exactly a disaster. It's not like they'll be travelling on the slow boat. There's this marvellous piece of technology called an aeroplane and he can fly back just as quickly as he flew out there. Particularly if the air fare is bought and paid for by messrs Rush & Co. I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time a player had been yanked from a trip abroad to sign for another club.

I still have a feeling (no I'm not ITK) that it could all happen on Thursday. Certainly Radio Derby were saying this morning - and I quote - "Derby would prefer to tie up a deal this week".

Either way I wish something would happen soon. I'm starting to develop George Thorne Tourettes.

I will be the new Mackworth Ram.

Announced late morning/early afternoon tomorrow.

Yeah but the difference is that we know you're pulling it out of your arse to take the piss, because you don't believe Mackworthram.

I'm sure Derby preferred to have tied up a deal last week too...or the week before...or the week before that.

Yeah but it would appear they had to wait until Irvine started work. The dynamics seem to have changed now. Even that Baggies journalist is saying it's when not if. That wasn't the case a couple of weeks back.

Doesn't matter whether he's in America or the UK, when the deal is agreed, he comes to us. Even if he's been in America a day or two and then has to fly back, that's what we'll do. Even if he has to fly from America to Austria to join up with us, that's what we'll do.

We need to let go of this idea that it matters what country he is in. Obviously we want it sorted while both teams are in the UK but it's not a huge matter.

It would be an indication that West Brom don't think the deal is anywhere near though. Otherwise they would be concentrating on their own players rather than one of Derby's. They aren't taking all of their players because they are still playing friendlies over here as well. Wouldn't make sense to take Thorne rather than one of their other players if they expect Thorne to be leaving any time soon

It would be an indication that West Brom don't think the deal is anywhere near though. Otherwise they would be concentrating on their own players rather than one of Derby's. They aren't taking all of their players because they are still playing friendlies over here as well. Wouldn't make sense to take Thorne rather than one of their other players if they expect Thorne to be leaving any time soon

That much is true. But I'm saying that just because he's in America doesn't mean the deal can't be finalised while he's over there.

Archived