George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think many clubs will be keen to loan you players after the way you behaved yourselves when we've

Been good enough to loan you Thorne and all you've done is unsettle him.

I think the problem comes when similar size clubs exchange players, if he gets more games at one he'll more than likely prefer them if he sees them on a similar level, whereas if they come from a big club they will mostly want to go back and take their chance until its obvious they are clearly out of the picture.

I think in this instance it was more that George expressed he wanted to leave rather than Derby pushing it themselves initially, as I originally thought there would be little chance of him coming permanently when we lost in the play off final. In fact at the time was thinking he would be the least likely of the three loans to come back.

Don't think many clubs will be keen to loan you players after the way you behaved yourselves when we've

We unsettled him? We can't help it if our club is a better environment for players to work in than yours is. That's your problem, not ours.

I don't think this makes a difference to other clubs loaning us players, you're just bitter because you know he's leaving.

Derby County as a club have kept a dignified silence over the entire affair, which is more than your chairman did. The fact that Thorne came on loan to a decent club where he was made welcome unsettled him.

I think a massive part of him wanting the move is he seemed to buy in straight away to the teams philosophy. All good mates working hard for each other, enjoying training. All young british players. ai dont know what the baggies team bond is like but there is a reason he wasn't enjoying it.

New leaf for me on here as I have made 100+ posts on this topic and if you average that out as 2 minutes per post then that is 3 hours or so of my life that I will never get back.

With this in mind I will now be very friendly and supportive of the club and especially your pursuit of GT. We will have a great laugh and we will all be bff.

Also I may repeat this post everyday.

Archived