George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

I'm not saying this chap hasn't got ability Tombo - both sets of managements targeted him so there's clearly something to work with and he does seem to have lost his way a little last season in a struggling team.

But going from Andre Wisdom to Freeman and Christie in a Premiership-chasing campaign is something that concerns me..doesn't mean I'm correct.

Well you can have concerns, but just give the lad your support until he no longer deserves it.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying we can sign Wisdom CumbrianRam (would use the quote thing but it's not working on this computer) but I'm merely saying going from Wisdom (who impressed me) to Christie/Freeman concerns me

But you've based your opinion of Wisdom on actually seeing him play. I don't think it's very fair to treat Christie differently (unless you have actually seen him play?)

Haha to assume I won't give a player my full support Tombo is silly but I can understand the written word can cause all kinds of misunderstanding.

I never said you wouldn't give him your support, I was just saying that the important thing is that as Derby fan, we DO give him our support despite any concerns we may have.

Hopefully Mackworth Ram is right.

As otherwise if Thorne was wanting all the summer window to consider his options in a possible about turn (as the WBA poster deduced), that would scupper the chances of Derby potentially signing an alternative in the meantime surely so would have thought we would need a final decision way before then.

Unless perhaps we went into the loan market again and started off with Eustace to see how his legs coped at the age of almost 35.

I think this week will certainly be decisive as cant see him going to America with WBA if he is leaving them.

Whereas if he does go with them would take that as a big negative indicator for any move with ourselves going away soon afterwards too.

Archived