George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think WBA want in excess of 3 Million nearing 4million for a young player of his talents so why keep perusing him and not look elsewhere !

And how do you know that? 2 or 3 well known journalists have said they're likely to want 2.5 million and West Brom's local journalist has said he expects the transfer to happen, it's just a matter of when

Loans again.

We make them better players and then they leave us.

Oh well that's the way of the World I suppose not that I like it.

Afraid that's the main way to get out this division these days.

You bloody love complaining about stuff don't you :lol:

Sorry must have got out of bed the wrong side.

Up the Rams.

Looking forward to Rangers and Rotherham games.

PS In the three SSS s I trust particularly McClaren as he's a very good coach and Manager.

Thorne would learn more with McClaren for sure.

This time next week Thorne will be in a Derby shirt.

I'll ask the question again...

If West Brom think he is leaving in the next few days why are they playing him rather than someone else who they need to get match fit?

If West Brom think he is leaving in the next few days why are they playing him rather than someone else who they need to get match fit?

I just think that happens to be honest. Their is nothing like playing games to get properly match fit .

Also playing games gets you back in to playing one twos and tackling and positional play etc etc which you can't get purely from fitness training alone.

While he's at WBA he has to do all the things the other players are doing so I don't read too much into that.

This isn't mid season when players are left out due to risk of injury. He will need to get his fitness levels up like everyone else in pre season. We should thank WBA for playing him and giving him pre season run outs, so he'll be fighting fit when we all go over to Austria.

I just think that happens to be honest. Their is nothing like playing games to get properly match fit .

Also playing games gets you back in to playing one twos and tackling and positional play etc etc which you can't get fro fitness training.

Of course. But West Brom know he is leaving apparently. So why give that game time to Thorne rather than their other players Why would they do Derby's job for them?

This isn't mid season when players are left out due to risk of injury. He will need to get his fitness levels up like everyone else in pre season. We should thank WBA for playing him and giving him pre season run outs, so he'll be fighting fit when we all go over to Austria.

But why waste important game time on a Derby player when they could give it to a Wset Brom player?

Because they don't have anyone else to play?

Also if the deal wasn't to go through and they hadn't played him due to him possibly going it's gonna take weeks to get him up to speed.

I'm pretty sure they will take the stance that until he has gone then plan as if he is staying.

Remember they don't want him to go so if he gets injured and the move falls through then they don't lose a thing, they nurse him back and keep a good player.

If we refuse to up our bid and they reject then they have already got his fitness up to scratch and ready for the season.

I'm pretty sure they will take the stance that until he has gone then plan as if he is staying.

Remember they don't want him to go so if he gets injured and the move falls through then they don't lose a thing, they nurse him back and keep a good player.

If we refuse to up our bid and they reject then they have already got his fitness up to scratch and ready for the season.

But it's a done deal apparently???   And now West Brom are playing him in the hope he gets injured???  FFS!!!

Of course. But West Brom know he is leaving apparently. So why give that game time to Thorne rather than their other players Why would they do Derby's job for them?

often in pre season the whole team is changed from one half to another and WBA have not been in pre season very long.

You may be right and Irvine is trying to see where George fits into his team shape

Not all teams play with a DM.

Thorne is a very good player in Derbys system but might find it difficult in the Premier in WBA system.

I don't have much knowledge of how WBA play and they have a new manager.

The more I think about this the more i understand this is just how Football Transfers go .

The one thing that is sure is deadline day is August 31st

Because they don't have anyone else to play?

Also if the deal wasn't to go through and they hadn't played him due to him possibly going it's gonna take weeks to get him up to speed.

What about the players that have been keeping him out of their team? The reason he wants to leave in the first place?

We keep being told it's a done deal so why would they plan for it not going through?

Unless it's not a done deal of course?

often in pre season the whole team is changed from one half to another and WBA have not been in pre season very long.

You may be right and Irvine is trying to see where George fits into his team shape

Not all teams play with a DM.

West Brom play with 2 DM's though. Neither of which are usually George. So why would they give him game time if he is leaving?

Archived