George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

I have been reading this forum for the last couple of weeks only, I have found Mackworth Rams posts very informative and bloody accurate!

In contrast, North stand ram, you posts don't appear to add anything worthwhile??  Not a personal attack, but it smells of someone slightly jealous that someone has been so right about so many things and people on here have given Mackworth a heroes status after getting Bryson and Hughes correct....it is like you cannot stand to see it?

I do hope Mackworth continues to post on here, otherwise no point in me reading anymore.

are you the source?!!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also finding some of the posts from people towards Mackworth Ram bloody disgusting!

He has chosen to to update us on the Thorne situation and some of you numpties choose to abuse him.

Call yourself fellow Derby fans?  Your not fit to don a replica shirt!

Now, I am done with posting on this forum...but I will continue to read.

Danke Schon.

I am also finding some of the posts from people towards Mackworth Ram bloody disgusting!

He has chosen to to update us on the Thorne situation and some of you numpties choose to abuse him.

Call yourself fellow Derby fans?  Your not fit to don a replica shirt!

Danke Schon.

hahahaha adios

I have been reading this forum for the last couple of weeks only, I have found Mackworth Rams posts very informative and bloody accurate!

In contrast, North stand ram, you posts don't appear to add anything worthwhile?? Not a personal attack, but it smells of someone slightly jealous that someone has been so right about so many things and people on here have given Mackworth a heroes status after getting Bryson and Hughes correct....it is like you cannot stand to see it?

I do hope Mackworth continues to post on here, otherwise no point in me reading anymore.

Haha. Just because I'm not ITK I don't add anything to the forum? So like 99% of the forum then. He's got two things right. We'd offered both of them contracts so there's was a fairly large % that they'd happen, although timing was correct. All I'm saying is he hasn't provided anything new/not reported previously.

My opinion

I think the fact that the price may go up to 5million is what makes people angry as they don't (want to) beleive will spen 5million quid on one player therefore look to blame and/or scrutinise the source of the information, which happens to be mackworth

I completely have faith in mackworth, he broke the Hughes and Bryson contract deals, plenty of time before they happened, and I don't beleive these were guesses considering how strongly it was expected for Bryson to sign for burnley

I for one am not going to turn on someone for giving us more in depth information, for that I am glad for, but I will most certainly not start doubting someone for providing information when all information he has provided before has been correct

Some aren't happy at 5 mil, personally I won't be too disheartened if we sign him for that, for one I don't know who else we would sign who could do exactly the same job as Thorne, and a player like Thorne will not come cheap, adding onto that that it's extremely likely Thorne could play for England 5mil would be a bargain as well as we know he has already gelled with the lads.

People are concerned about injuries, when really there's nothing we could do about it, any player we bring in for any fee will have a chance of injuries, Thorne has had one critical injury in a good many years of football so this now makes him injury prone and a liability? I think he'd have to have a few more in his time to he classed as injury prone

Everyone needs to take a step and calm down, if the people that do football everyday all day for a living for years and years, who are paid good money to do so think Thorne is worth whatever we pay for him then I shall agree with them, or are we changing it to in mac we don't trust?

Rant over.

Call yourself fellow Derby fans? Your not fit to don a replica shirt!

Danke Schon.

No one abused you Mackworth, just questioned you. Man up and get yourself back on here.

Who knew Mackworth Ram was so precious?

Thought at the first sign of questioning he would have just nipped round the estate and picked up his council house buddies and come laid the beat down.

Haha ok. I'm a **** because I don't agree.. I have my own opinion... Nice one mate

Wow, what a lot of ****** on here this evening. This one made me laugh.

You're entitled to your opinion, but when you're opinion is that Mackworth Ram is a liar and / or attention seeker, he's got a right to get offended and defend himself.

In two weeks time we'll either have signed Thorne, and Mackworth Ram will have been proven right (although you might argue that's just another educated guess ie if we're ever likely to sign him, it's a fair guess that it'll be in the next couple of weeks). But such accuracy on other deals would lead me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Or we won't have signed Thorne, and he's talking ******.

Either way, what harms it doing? Why try and call it out at this time. You can either gloat in two weeks, or he can gloat in two weeks, but if he is the font of all knowledge, pissing him off now isn't going to help anyone.

There's no point asking him questions trying to catch him out. He's clearly only relating the information he knows. Why would he know why this isn't classed as tapping up? Why would he know why his source hasn't heard about other signings? His source might just be a cleaner who here's bits and bobs in the corridors, for all we know. Chinese whispers might lead to certain inaccuracies, but we live tit bits like this. And if we're just going to slag off or question everyone that is willing to pass them on, then we're not going to learn much.

Fair enough, that could lead us open to abuse by anyone looking to make up any old ****. But, like any medium, they'd soon be found out when their predictions didn't come to fruition. So far Mackworth Rams have all come to fruition with a more than acceptable level of accuracy, and he should be given the benefit if te doubt until it's proved otherwise.

Meanwhile, if we were to pay

I won't quote Tiger because of the amount of text, but understand my point.

There's a decent chance Thorne will sign, probably in the next 2 weeks, so if that happens that doesn't mean he's 100% right (it doesn't mean he's wrong either). All I'm saying is why hasn't he posted anything that we haven't heard previously that has a possibility of happening, do you get my point?

I'm not doubting him, I'm just wondering why. I'm not trying to catch him out, I just want to know why, that's all

Archived