George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to feel for the WBA fans that want to keep him as he's from their youth system, I imagine I'd be gutted had one of our players in a similar circumstance tried to engineer a move. It's not so much him wanting to move for first team football it's just that he expects not to get it at WBA, which for me would be gutting as a fan that's just watched the team he thinks he won't get in to struggle to stay in the prem.

Terry Burton may think that WBA may be the best place for him, but clearly Thorne does not agree. 

It sounds like there are big problems behind the scenes at WBA and Thorne want's away from that situation and some first team football as well. 

What concerns me most about the Thorne purchase how long do we let it drag on? Do we have an alternative player to buy if Thorne doesn't come to us? Don't want a repeat of the Swansea player Bodde who we chased forever but never came and we didn't have a alternate signing.

What concerns me most about the Thorne purchase how long do we let it drag on? Do we have an alternative player to buy if Thorne doesn't come to us? Don't want a repeat of the Swansea player Bodde who we chased forever but never came and we didn't have a alternate signing.

I am sure we will have a backup in mind our scouting network is a lot more extensive than it was in the clough era and I certainly have faith in Camara, Mac, simpson and the rest to bring in the best players we can. So I doubt we will have a situation like 'Boddegate' turns out he was made of glass anyway though.

Why would WBA hold further talks with DCFC if the players wasn't for sale? But apparently a few weeks ago NO MEANS NO :D. I'm confident that in the next few days George will tell Peace and Irvine his opinions of the club and his future and he will be sold for the price PEACE wants.

I think he'll be a Ram before the Matlock game

It sounds like that old man Terry is not very bright person. "its up to George"? really?? Two feckin transfer requests!! I guess it is time to finally realise what Mr. Thorne is really up to.

My initial thoughts as well but having read it a couple of times I am tempted to think he means that "it's up to George" to prove himself worthy of a first team spot - either he works hard and makes it or he doesn't work hard and wastes his career.

A bit pessimistic of me I know but I'm really just trying to keep my feet on the ground following the news that we are in discussions with WBA.

Let's face he's gonna be ours (sorry couldn't help the outburst) 

George looked like an overweight teenager the first time he played for us, but you could see, even then, that he is a great player. Last few games he dominated, made Brighton look like a very poor side ! We need to sign him, come on DCFC let's see the colour of our money !!!

My initial thoughts as well but having read it a couple of times I am tempted to think he means that "it's up to George" to prove himself worthy of a first team spot - either he works hard and makes it or he doesn't work hard and wastes his career.

A bit pessimistic of me I know but I'm really just trying to keep my feet on the ground following the news that we are in discussions with WBA.

Let's face he's gonna be ours (sorry couldn't help the outburst) 

Fair play. But the other his quote i was thinking about:

And I

The comment where he said "im sure he wants to play premier league football over championship football" amused me.

The 2 transfer requests he has handed in would indicate otherwise.

Plus he wouldnt be playing premier league football, he'd be watching it.

Im confident Thorne will be a Derby player by the time we play Matlock.

Just a thought......

Would you be happy if Thorne joined on a season long loan? A straight loan, no option to buy.

If we loaned him and got promoted, regardless of an option to buy, he'd join.

Not particularly in my opinion. One of the most appealing aspects of GT is his potential. He's future England caliber for me, reminds me very much of Tom Huddlestone when he came through the ranks here.

Archived