George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Difference as well between Thorne and Bryson is that Thorne is not even getting in WBA team. Cant blame him if he wants away and doesnt want to rot in the reserves. Dont know yet whether Bryson wants away anyway or how much Burnley have offered.   £1.5 m seems fair for Thorne , he wasnt our POTY, Bryson was.

Thorne WAS in the wba team up until his injury. He was out a long time with his knee injury and part of his rehabilitation was sending him out on loan to get game time. Had he not done his knee I'm pretty sure he'd of got a lot more game time that season.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne needs to put on his big boy pants, go and sit down to have a proper discussion with Peace. Literally, make peace with peace. Maybe then everyone can get on with this transfer and we can get the 2014-15 player of the season trophy engraved already

Thorne needs to put on his big boy pants, go and sit down to have a proper discussion with Peace. Literally, make peace with peace. Maybe then everyone can get on with this transfer and we can get the 2014-15 player of the season trophy engraved already

Why, do you need Thorne's permission to write "Bucko"?

Difference as well between Thorne and Bryson is that Thorne is not even getting in WBA team. Cant blame him if he wants away and doesnt want to rot in the reserves. Dont know yet whether Bryson wants away anyway or how much Burnley have offered.   £1.5 m seems fair for Thorne , he wasnt our POTY, Bryson was.

Another difference is the 7 year age gap. Thorne's sell on value will be huge if he can continue his form he had for Derby. 

Think people are underestimating how much Thorne is rated at WBA, they will not accept a fraction of his worth because he's kicking up a fuss. 

Still can't see him moving unless Derby offer something stupid. 

It's a few wba fans saying let him rot in the reserves. Thankfully it's not their decision to make. The wba coaching staff will take a much more sensible view.

If Derby walk away wba won't need to manufacture interest as they are quite happy for him to stay. Therefore will be in no weaker position and no bargaining power lost.

Not if he doesn't want to play for you still

This is getting more and more bizarre. 

I wonder if he'll get booed by any of our fans when (if) he plays for us. I would hope not but and I certainly wouldn't boo him.

I still don't think he wants out of the club regardless. He obviously prefers Derby right now and thats why he's handing in all these transfer requests, but I wonder how we would feel about going to a totally different club.

This is getting more and more bizarre.

I wonder if he'll get booed by any of our fans when (if) he plays for us. I would hope not but and I certainly wouldn't boo him.

I still don't think he wants out of the club regardless. He obviously prefers Derby right now and thats why he's handing in all these transfer requests, but I wonder how we would feel about going to a totally different club.

You don't hand in two transfers requests (yes two!) and make his comments public in the media if he didn't want out of WBA mate...

Irrelevant

Yeah screw Thorne, West Brom are da hooooooooogest club yo!

Seriously though, he's a person, not a asset. Seriously, people on here are even talking about letting Bryson go fairly cheaply if that's what he wishes.

It's actions like what some West Brom fans on here are suggesting that has forced things like the Bosman ruling into the game, and now driving what is happening in Belgium. If clubs aren't careful, players will end up with all the power, not just some of it.

PistoldPete2

Thorne WAS in the wba team up until his injury. He was out a long time with his knee injury and part of his rehabilitation was sending him out on loan to get game time. Had he not done his knee I'm pretty sure he'd of got a lot more game time that season.

Well why do you think he wants to leave then? Why would he leave a Premier team where he is playing first team football for a Championship team?

PistoldPete2

Out of interest what price is Bryson's market value to derby, and would you really be happy to receive a fraction of that because he wants out? What if every player at derby wanted out, would you be happy for them to go in cut price deals and have no money left to rebuild the squad?

If Thorne goes I really don't care. Players come and go but the club will always be there. I just want the club to perform their due diligence and get the price they value their asset at.

What is Thornes market value to WBA?

Irrelevant

So having a player that doesn't want to play for you sucking up wages and going down in price is irrelevant?

Wow. The Premier Greed has really got it's claws into WBA.

If you reject us and say nobody else wants him more than we do then you're happy to keep and pay a want away player. That's what you're saying?

My advice to WBA would be - don't ever get relegated with that attitude. Money is harder to come by down here.

My advice to any future WBA players - short contract, big wages. You might actually want to leave the Midlands giants at some point!! Shock!

So having a player that doesn't want to play for you sucking up wages and going down in price is irrelevant?Wow. The Premier Greed has really got it's claws into WBA.If you reject us and say nobody else wants him more than we do then you're happy to keep and pay a want away player. That's what you're saying?My advice to WBA would be - don't ever get relegated with that attitude. Money is harder to come by down here.My advice to any future WBA players - short contract, big wages. You might actually want to leave the Midlands giants at some point!! Shock!

Please take the time to read my post prior to the "irrelevant" one, and understand it in the context it was made. That way you won't look so silly making long winded replies that hold no relevance to the original post.

Well why do you think he wants to leave then? Why would he leave a Premier team where he is playing first team football for a Championship team?

Again please try to understand my post was made in response to another one, and is not a stand alone comment.

Please take the time to read my post prior to the "irrelevant" one, and understand it in the context it was made. That way you won't look so silly making long winded replies that hold no relevance to the original post.

Oh how silly of me.

Breaking skulls with broadband. You da man

Archived