George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Hello everyone.Been reading the forum for a while and reading some of the utter rubbish posted this thread by some of the baggies fans on here and seemingly believed by some Derby fans I decided to register and post.For the record this is how the Odemwingie non-transfer actually played out:Last day of the transfer window and qpr decide they want Odemwingie to help with their relegation fight. In what would appear typical 'Harry' fashion he appeared to have agreed wage demands with the player without first agreeing a fee with the selling club and getting permission to speak to the player.Times running out and they still can'tcan't agree a fee. Odemwingie is desperate for the transfer to go through because I'm guessing that again in typical 'Harry' fashion he was probably offering to pay the player three times what he's actually worth.Odemwingie went down to QPR without permission and made a fool of himself in a desperate attempt to push the deal through.But the club's couldn't agree a fee and the deal didn't happen. Odemwingie went back to the Hawthorns with his tail between his legs and WBA made him spend the rest of the season training with the kids (they had no choice he'd made a public mockery of the club).QPR got relegated at the end of the season and no longer needed or could afford Odemwingie and he was sold instead to Stoke.If all this had been played out with a month of the transfer window to rub then I'm sure that QPR and WBA would have agreed a fee and Odemwingie would have gone to Loftus rd with a public rebuke from Peace ringing in his ears.Jeremy Peace is not some Machivaelian villain who stores up grudges. He's a hard-nosed businessman and a tough negotiator. He didn't refuse to allow Odemwingie to move to QPR over some perceived sleight and make him see it his contact breaking rocks in the Gulag. The two clubs couldn't agree a fee. Peace refused to be bullied by QPR and because the player had made such a public fuss he made him train with the kids as any club would have done.He's a tough negotiator who knows how to get a good deal for his club. If we offer what West Brom think is an acceptable fee for Thorne we'll most probably sign him. If we don't, we won't. Simple.

Good post.

Two things though.

After the QPR deadline day fiasco, odemwingie came back to the club and intergrated back into the squad and played for the first team again. He wasn't banished to train with the kids.

He was eventually sold to Cardiff not Stoke.

Odemwingie is not a good example of how players think of WBA, the guy is a fruit loop and has had fall outs at every club he has been at.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how some West Brom fans can come on here and have the cheek to say he is worth between £5 million and £8 million when he has played 10 league games for them and only 58 games in professional football.

That is like me going onto one of their forums and saying Conor Doyle is worth £3 million and is a natural goal scorer.

This is the real world people!

If WBA got 2.5 to 3 mill for Thorne I'd think that was a great bit of business. No way is he worth 8 mill

WBA fans aren't bothered if he stays or goes, they're just seriously miffed that they know deep down, hearts of hearts, no bogger wants to play for them unless they're at the end of their career and looking for a last pay day, they are the stereotypical last chance saloon club, no ambition, happy to yo-yo, never going nowhere, then back down to bottom level championship standard with their 12000 diehards, this is why Thorne wants out, we're a club in the rise, and we will rise with or without your players, do one sad club x

You guys need to relax

The third bid will win the day

WBA may have said they don't want to sell but if they'd been that annoyed, they'd have reaffirmed this stance in no uncertain words

There's still a chance Irvine could sway Thorne but i'm actually more confident of this deal going through these past couple of days.

I'm still slightly worried if he will be able to play a whole Championship season but hopefully I am being overly cautious with that one

If he worth £8million, why aren't they wanting to keep him?

Oh yeah, he loooooooooves us.

We do really want to keep him that is the whole point of our stance.

I say again it is not whether our valuation is fair its whether you are willing to pay it, it might be 10 times what he is worth but you must accept it is put up or shut up and it is as simple as that!

WBA fans aren't bothered if he stays or goes, they're just seriously miffed that they know deep down, hearts of hearts, no bogger wants to play for them unless they're at the end of their career and looking for a last pay day, they are the stereotypical last chance saloon club, no ambition, happy to yo-yo, never going nowhere, then back down to bottom level championship standard with their 12000 diehards, this is why Thorne wants out, we're a club in the rise, and we will rise with or without your players, do one sad club x

Happy to yo-yo ? Fifth straight season in prem would suggest otherwise.

Very narrow minded view if you seriously believe no one but has Beens want to play for us. But if it helps you feel good about yourself then good for you.

I guess the smart money would be to wait off for a third bid to see if he turns up for pre-season training.

I have a feeling that will be his next, and last, rabbit out of the hat he can pull. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. 

No idea why this thread has been taken over by Baggies.

I'd be a tad embarrassed if one of our players wanted out the way Thorne has, especially  to play in a league below.

Something doesn't quite add up if he's so eager to join little old Derby in the "Chump"

No idea why this thread has been taken over by Baggies.

I'd be a tad embarrassed if one of our players wanted out the way Thorne has, especially  to play in a league below.

Something doesn't quite add up if he's so eager to join little old Derby in the "Chump"

We have to come on here as noboby on our transfer forum believes he would be allowed to join you.

Happy to yo-yo ? Fifth straight season in prem would suggest otherwise.

Very narrow minded view if you seriously believe no one but has Beens want to play for us. But if it helps you feel good about yourself then good for you.

I always feel good about us when I compare us with you wannabees! You're just a poor man's Wolves/Walsall

No idea why this thread has been taken over by Baggies. I'd be a tad embarrassed if one of our players wanted out the way Thorne has, especially  to play in a league below. Something doesn't quite add up if he's so eager to join little old Derby in the "Chump"

Has derby never sold a player to a club a league below them?

Why should we be embarrassed that one of our fringe players wants to join a team in a lower league?

Archived