George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Yes do you know how transfers work? We ask for £8m you offer £5m we meet in the middle.

You ask for £8m, we offer £1m, you ask for £4m, we offer £1m, you ask for £3m, we offer £500k, you ask for £2m, we offer £1m, you ask for £1.5m, we offer £1.2m, you accept.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, i couldn't give two cows tits to be honest.

I find it hilarious that people come on here claiming to be derby fans when clearly they ain't.

Like i said, childish.

Who is claiming to be a derby fan

Why do these West Brom fans think that a player who has an injury history, that played less than 20 games last season, scored 3 goals total, played less than 75 professional matches and does not want to play for them is worth such high sums? Even if he does not join us, let him leave. 

I'm trying to work out why this arse Chairman at West Brom keeps making supposedly private transfer enquiries public - unless it's an open invitation to draw an additional bid. There's no logic in making transfer dealings of this sort public - but on the other hand, when has logic ever been a prerequisite?

8 Million??

Must be honest, I'd never even heard of George Thorne when we signed him on loan. Are there others on here in same boat?

But I suspect almost every football supporter in the country had heard of Will Hughes, and suddenly this guy with 12 good games under his belt in the championship is worth 8 Million! 

Jeez, even the most ardent baggie must find that amusing.

Yeah good luck, Do you know JP?

You Baggies are incredible. You talk of JP like he's someone to fear when it was barely two week ago that your fans wwere burning effigys of the bloke for signing an head coach noones ever heard of! We didn't hear from many of you lot btw when that particular **** went down. Funny that!

When all is said and done whether we get Thorne or not we have a club, a head coach and owners we can be very proud of. What are you left with when all is said and done Baggie?

Yeah good luck, Do you know JP?

Never heard of him until a couple of weeks ago. He comes across as the sort of man who leaks private transfer dealings and enquiries deliberately to suit his own agenda. Sounds like he's a bit of a shyster and a conman to me - and I would be happy to say that to his face. You can tell him that from me.

Why is he a shyster?

We were the first to go public in our statements about GT.

Which is fine if we follow that up with decisive action.

But we didn't and it looks messy now.

I am not bothered about who has more money and who is the bigger club etc etc etc, all I will do now is give the West Brom end of this and you can take from that whatever you want.

Derby have made two bids of £900k and £1.2m, both of have been rejected on the same day they were made as out of hand and Derby told he is not for sale.

Derby are a million miles away from even tempting us to even consider parting with Thorne after these derisory bids and Peace has dug his heels in over this driving the price up much further.

I believe Derby have the money to buy him but would never spend the kind of figure we would accept due to ffp, I know for a fact that when first asked what we valued him at we said £8m so adding the odd £500k to what you have already offered is not going to change a thing. I would imagine the very very least we would accept as a negotiation would be £5m plus add ons.

I am not looking to discuss this as these are just pure facts from our end.

It's a deal.

See how easy this is?  :lol:

Hello everyone.

Been reading the forum for a while and reading some of the utter rubbish posted this thread by some of the baggies fans on here and seemingly believed by some Derby fans I decided to register and post.

For the record this is how the Odemwingie non-transfer actually played out:

Last day of the transfer window and qpr decide they want Odemwingie to help with their relegation fight. In what would appear typical 'Harry' fashion he appeared to have agreed wage demands with the player without first agreeing a fee with the selling club and getting permission to speak to the player.

Times running out and they still can't

can't agree a fee. Odemwingie is desperate for the transfer to go through because I'm guessing that again in typical 'Harry' fashion he was probably offering to pay the player three times what he's actually worth.

Odemwingie went down to QPR without permission and made a fool of himself in a desperate attempt to push the deal through.

But the club's couldn't agree a fee and the deal didn't happen. Odemwingie went back to the Hawthorns with his tail between his legs and WBA made him spend the rest of the season training with the kids (they had no choice he'd made a public mockery of the club).

QPR got relegated at the end of the season and no longer needed or could afford Odemwingie and he was sold instead to Stoke.

If all this had been played out with a month of the transfer window to rub then I'm sure that QPR and WBA would have agreed a fee and Odemwingie would have gone to Loftus rd with a public rebuke from Peace ringing in his ears.

Jeremy Peace is not some Machivaelian villain who stores up grudges. He's a hard-nosed businessman and a tough negotiator. He didn't refuse to allow Odemwingie to move to QPR over some perceived sleight and make him see it his contact breaking rocks in the Gulag. The two clubs couldn't agree a fee. Peace refused to be bullied by QPR and because the player had made such a public fuss he made him train with the kids as any club would have done.

He's a tough negotiator who knows how to get a good deal for his club. If we offer what West Brom think is an acceptable fee for Thorne we'll most probably sign him. If we don't, we won't. Simple.

If we offer what West Brom think is an acceptable fee for Thorne we'll most probably sign him. If we don't, we won't. Simple.

111 pages in a line.

So after pages and pages...etc

It all comes down to if we offer what this Peace wants then we'll sign him? Well, that's a shocker.  :lol:

West Brom fans have absolutely no idea how much they want for Thorne, just like we don't know how much we're likely to offer.

Some say 5 to 8 million, which considering their highest received fee is £8million - I find unlikely.

Chris Wood went for £2million, would it be fair to say a similar fee would be enough? 

Hello everyone.

Been reading the forum for a while and reading some of the utter rubbish posted this thread by some of the baggies fans on here and seemingly believed by some Derby fans I decided to register and post.

For the record this is how the Odemwingie non-transfer actually played out:

Last day of the transfer window and qpr decide they want Odemwingie to help with their relegation fight. In what would appear typical 'Harry' fashion he appeared to have agreed wage demands with the player without first agreeing a fee with the selling club and getting permission to speak to the player.

Times running out and they still can't

can't agree a fee. Odemwingie is desperate for the transfer to go through because I'm guessing that again in typical 'Harry' fashion he was probably offering to pay the player three times what he's actually worth.

Odemwingie went down to QPR without permission and made a fool of himself in a desperate attempt to push the deal through.

But the club's couldn't agree a fee and the deal didn't happen. Odemwingie went back to the Hawthorns with his tail between his legs and WBA made him spend the rest of the season training with the kids (they had no choice he'd made a public mockery of the club).

QPR got relegated at the end of the season and no longer needed or could afford Odemwingie and he was sold instead to Stoke.

If all this had been played out with a month of the transfer window to rub then I'm sure that QPR and WBA would have agreed a fee and Odemwingie would have gone to Loftus rd with a public rebuke from Peace ringing in his ears.

Jeremy Peace is not some Machivaelian villain who stores up grudges. He's a hard-nosed businessman and a tough negotiator. He didn't refuse to allow Odemwingie to move to QPR over some perceived sleight and make him see it his contact breaking rocks in the Gulag. The two clubs couldn't agree a fee. Peace refused to be bullied by QPR and because the player had made such a public fuss he made him train with the kids as any club would have done.

He's a tough negotiator who knows how to get a good deal for his club. If we offer what West Brom think is an acceptable fee for Thorne we'll most probably sign him. If we don't, we won't. Simple.

Cardiff not stoke but i agree with the rest

Not sure how some West Brom fans can come on here and have the cheek to say he is worth between £5 million and £8 million when he has played 10 league games for them and only 58 games in professional football.

That is like me going onto one of their forums and saying Conor Doyle is worth £3 million and is a natural goal scorer.

This is the real world people!

Not sure how some West Brom fans can come on here and have the cheek to say he is worth between £5 million and £8 million when he has played 10 league games for them and only 58 games in professional football.

That is like me going onto one of their forums and saying Conor Doyle is worth £3 million and is a natural goal scorer.

This is the real world people!

Not a penny over £2.5m.

Archived