It's like if someone said to me...

"How much for your dog mate"

I would say not for sale.

"Give you £500 mate"

Like I said, not for sale.

"Ok, give you a grand my san"

What don't you understand.

Close thread, yes?

If you dont ever see your dog and dont have the time to take him out for walks, if your dog keeps running to your neighbours and makes it clear he doesnt feel loved by you, and wants to be somewhere else, yes its a bit like that.

We must be getting close, maybe £2 million will do it. This guy is our priority signing. Given his potential and future that's a worthy price. Don't forget Dawkins didn't have many games before we signed him on a permanent basis. Derby will be the place where he can shine (and has shined)

But you've clearly not improved have you?

The post I replied to stated over the last 4/5 years. Last year was a bad year, prior to that finishes of 11th, 10th & 8th would indeed indicate an improvement.

There is certainly no evidence over the last 4/5 seasons that WBA are a selling club and need to sell to buy.

This isn't really about WBA being a selling club. It's about a player who's clearly said in a national newspaper he wants out, and has put in a formal transfer request. He doesn't want to play for WBA.

Should be obvious by now that West Brom really don't want to sell him, at any price! Another half million won't make any difference, they made a profit last year and they have no debts. Its also clear that their Chairman doesn't give a monkeys what Thorne wants, he is staying - as soon as Thorne made threats in the press he hardened his Chairman's resolve and did us no favours.

Should be obvious by now that West Brom really don't want to sell him, at any price! Another half million won't make any difference, they made a profit last year and they have no debts. Its also clear that their Chairman doesn't give a monkeys what Thorne wants, he is staying - as soon as Thorne made threats in the press he hardened his Chairman's resolve and did us no favours.

I'm sorry but do you know what's going on behind the scenes? Just because a club says a player isn't for sale it doesn't mean they don't have a price...

How many times have a club said a player isn't for sale and then he's gone?

Torres?

Carroll?

If the money is right, the move is right, the transfer will happen, especially when the player is keen. No player in world football "isn't for sale"

Every player is available if the price is right, Derby just have to find out what that price is and then decide if that is something they are willing to pay.

oh dear :lol:

Have you looked at the Lescott transfer and assumed that every transfer we are looking to do will be the same?

Might be wrong but im sure your new manager said he wanted prem players etc. Like I said I might be wrong. For what its worth we dont wont two QPRs. Maybe that was below the belt! Lol

If theres one thing we wont do, it's a "QPR".

West Brom made it clear when he came on loan that it was just to get him fit, he has never been offered for sale nor will he be and another half million quid won't make any difference. Above that and we would be paying over the odds anyway. Stop living in dream land boys.

West Brom made it clear when he came on loan that it was just to get him fit, he has never been offered for sale nor will he be and another half million quid won't make any difference. Above that and we would be paying over the odds anyway. Stop living in dream land boys.

can you stop refering to us as we, and us

because you my son are blatently a WBA Fan

It's not dreamland. Why does Thorne want out then?

Sorry for not being so negative like yourself, are we not allowed to have a little hope?  :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter if he was never offered up for sale, bottom line is he DOES NOT want to be there, why keep a player on your books who doesn't wat to play for you? waste of time, money and effort, west brom will sell him, if it isn't to us it will be to somebody else but they will sell him.

If a player hands in a formal transfer request, it's pretty clear he doesn't want to be at that club any longer. That means if they don't sell him, he will resent the club and it will most likely affect his performances. 

West Brom are best off selling him to us for a few million rather than keeping a player that wants out.

Archived