The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Touche.

However, I see you have won despite having almost half the total shots and half the shots on target. I see you are still getting the rub of the green!

Indeed.

Bam-Bam rattled another one in from outside the box.

Credit to Shteve though, threw on forwards and we went to four up front to get the win when it was 0-0 with a quarter of an hour left. Davros would likely have held on for a creditable point and then patted himself on the back for his tactical genius.... ;)

Touche.

However, I see you have won despite having almost half the total shots and half the shots on target. I see you are still getting the rub of the green!

I thought it was you lot winning ugly that pronounced "winning ugly sometimes was how the top teams get promoted" we're now winning ugly against the top 6 and teams further down, bearing in mind the windies are a team IN FORM, let's see your credentials your next two games COYR

Indeed.

Bam-Bam rattled another one in from outside the box.

Credit to Shteve though, threw on forwards and we went to four up front to get the win when it was 0-0 with a quarter of an hour left. Davros would likely have held on for a creditable point and then patted himself on the back for his tactical genius.... ;)

You're right Davies would have not really gone for it. The only time I remember him really throwing caution to the wind was at Hull last season and we won! There are often A LOT of very frustrated fans at away games.

To be honest a point probably would not have been that much use tonight as these are the sorts of games you have to win to get 2nd and losing would have been highly unlikely to go a long way to make you go out of the top 6.

You're right Davies would have not really gone for it. The only time I remember him really throwing caution to the wind was at Hull last season and we won! There are often A LOT of very frustrated fans at away games.

To be honest a point probably would not have been that much use tonight as these are the sorts of games you have to win to get 2nd and losing would have been highly unlikely to go a long way to make you go out of the top 6.

I remember in our promotion season we beat Palace 1-0 at home. Battered them in the first half, they hardly had a look in. Second half Davros had us defend the 1-0 and we clung on for dear life. Should have been an easy 4/5-0 win, instead we edged it and few had any fingernails left when the final whistle blew.

I remember Phil Brown doing something similar with us as well, against Wednesday. 1-0 up at HT having completely outplayed them. Second half, foot off the pedal and we ended up losing 1-2.

Fortune favours the bold. A lesson that Davros is still yet to learn.

What does fortune do in regards to the short, Scots & wankerish???

Does funny things to them like making them talk about themselves in the third person, feel imaginary knees in their back, and challenge random people to races for pies....

Love this gump quote;

Derby third then. Don't know how they're doing so well with largely average, some journeyman type players.is it all down to McClaren? Seems to be, unreal actually. Bamford seems to be doing well though, shame.

Seems that the gump fans know about as much about spotting good players as their Manager and Owners do.

I remember in our promotion season we beat Palace 1-0 at home. Battered them in the first half, they hardly had a look in. Second half Davros had us defend the 1-0 and we clung on for dear life. Should have been an easy 4/5-0 win, instead we edged it and few had any fingernails left when the final whistle blew.

I remember Phil Brown doing something similar with us as well, against Wednesday. 1-0 up at HT having completely outplayed them. Second half, foot off the pedal and we ended up losing 1-2.

Fortune favours the bold. A lesson that Davros is still yet to learn.

Wasn't Nigel Clough similar as well? At home we're generally pretty attacking and don't tend to sit on leads though.

Wasn't Nigel Clough similar as well? At home we're generally pretty attacking and don't tend to sit on leads though.

Yes, but I'm not into Clough-bashing, and don't hold him in the same low bracket as either Tango or Davros, so his inclusion didn't serve my purpose..... :p

We really need a thread containing the words of wisdom that spill from the keyboards of some gumps….

puds1970 - "You could bet your bottom dollar if we had a Sunday league hoofer like Buxton at the heart of our defence we'd already be doomed to league 2 football next season."

Mick - "Agree. A lot of their players are dog ****. How they keep on winning is beyond me."

winnits - "Another spawny finish"

Tony Woodcock's Love Child - "Yep. Was definitely meant to be a cross until the wind got it."

In fairness, I'm sure that the above two are in jest

My favourite though is...

Francis Benali (on loan) - "Lucky red kit wins again."

Never a truer word spoken in jest.

Archived