The demise of Forest

ladyram

By one persons individual error

That has nothing to do with tactics or cv's or the opposing manager just sticking 10 men behind the ball or us still trying to play the football and not hoofing it.

We played the better football, had the most chances, made their keeper work. We just couldn't get it in the net.

Although we lost, i'm deeply proud of what mac and the boys have achieved this season. No one with a shread of intelligence would have said we'd finish 3rd, be playoff finalists, highest scorers and have a player who won young player of the year.

Great season, nothing to be ashamed off.

Can't wait till next season.

What about the glorious chance that Austin squandered just before QPR were reduced to 10 men.

I don't disagree with much of the above but it does not necessarily mean you will be challenging again next season.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the glorious chance that Austin squandered just before QPR were reduced to 10 men.

I don't disagree with much of the above but it does not necessarily mean you will be challenging again next season.

Doesn't mean that Forest will be in existence next year, the number of times you seem to be heading to the High Court nowadays, one winding-up order just might stick. Always difficult to predict the future. For instance, Stuart Pearce just might actually turn out to be a half-decent manager who will save Forest from relegation next season, and Fridgy might find some way of avoiding the inevitable transfer embargo you seem certain to be heading for next January.

Miracles do happen - one way or the other.

Doesn't mean that Forest will be in existence next year, the number of times you seem to be heading to the High Court nowadays, one winding-up order just might stick. Always difficult to predict the future. For instance, Stuart Pearce just might actually turn out to be a half-decent manager who will save Forest from relegation next season, and Fridgy might find some way of avoiding the inevitable transfer embargo you seem certain to be heading for next January.

Miracles do happen - one way or the other.

How many football clubs have gone out of existence?

I would put a lot of money on the fact we will not be fighting relegation next season. The last time we fought relegation McClaren put us on the road to it.

I would put a lot of money on the fact we will not be fighting relegation next season. The last time we fought relegation McClaren put us on the road to it.

I don't think you'll be fighting relegation.

By the same token though, I don't think you'll be challenging for promotion either.

TBF, a couple of seasons milling around the middle of the table will probably do you some good. 

You can hope. And of course you should.

But the odds are all in our favour. Talented side that should have been promoted (if there's any justice in football), young hungry squad, money to spend. All you have to cling on to is hope with no substance. We're going places, forest are in a pretty dark place however you look at it. Winding up orders, underperforming on the pitch, uninspiring manager.

Frankly I would start to worry if I was a forest fan.

Just so long as it's not Forest's money, go for it.

As you well know, McClaren was lied to when he joined Forest, and equally as you know, 10 games is not long enough for a manager to prove himself one way or the other. The FACT that Forest had their usual and typical knee-jerk reaction looking for instant results, brought about, as usual, by the tedious, ridiculous but entirely predictable false sense of entitlement of the Forest 'supporters', doomed you to yet another season of failure.

I see no reason to suppose that anything will change in the future. You still have knee-jerk fans and a trigger-happy chairman. Pearce is already just 4 defeats away from the sack.

No pressure.

I don't think you'll be fighting relegation.

By the same token though, I don't think you'll be challenging for promotion either.

TBF, a couple of seasons milling around the middle of the table will probably do you some good. 

If we are midtable then in 12 months time Pearce will not be in a job.

You can hope. And of course you should.

But the odds are all in our favour. Talented side that should have been promoted (if there's any justice in football), young hungry squad, money to spend. All you have to cling on to is hope with no substance. We're going places, forest are in a pretty dark place however you look at it. Winding up orders, underperforming on the pitch, uninspiring manager.

Frankly I would start to worry if I was a forest fan.

Two years ago with Cotterill in charge, no owner and just had a horrendous relegation battle. That was a dark place.

That was off target, Grant didn't even have to make a save.

I agree it may not mean anything, no one can predict the future, but if you were in our position would you be very optimistic for next season?.

That was off target, Grant didn't even have to make a save.

I agree it may not mean anything, no one can predict the future, but if you were in our position would you be very optimistic for next season?.

That was down to the poor finish.

Having been in a similar position in 2010, then yes you should be optimistic and look forward to the next season.

That was down to the poor finish.

Having been in a similar position in 2010, then yes you should be optimistic and look forward to the next season.

If there's one good thing that came from Saturdays match, we get to play you again, when all said and done best 2 matches of the season.

Just so long as it's not Forest's money, go for it.

As you well know, McClaren was lied to when he joined Forest, and equally as you know, 10 games is not long enough for a manager to prove himself one way or the other. The FACT that Forest had their usual and typical knee-jerk reaction looking for instant results, brought about, as usual, by the tedious, ridiculous but entirely predictable false sense of entitlement of the Forest 'supporters', doomed you to yet another season of failure.

I see no reason to suppose that anything will change in the future. You still have knee-jerk fans and a trigger-happy chairman. Pearce is already just 4 defeats away from the sack.

No pressure.

What lies was McClaren told? You know more than I do. He chose to walk out, it was nothing to with the club or fans.

The trigger happy chairman is a real concern though, I give you that.

I just want us to give him two seasons at least, as I am sick to death of going through manager after manager.

If he is sacked quickly then I would dread to think who would come in.

Probably some Manager from the middle east......

you did in 1984

Worst thing that could have happened in many ways. They went from playing a generally open game to one where they had everyone sit in and play on the counter. We've struggled against teams who've played that way against us during they season - Millwall, Wigan etc.

They didn't counter though did they. Just that one lucky break right at the end.

Deluded

If any of your lot think were going to be in the same position as this year you must be deluded.

I just hope that you lose 5-8 first teamers all at once as you ll get no sympathy from me.

If you can't see the destruction that had on our results then you can't see things constructively or without bias.

Not saying we'd have gone up but we'd have made the playoffs easily.

Archived