The demise of Forest

ladyram

I'll sort this.

It is a select few, but it's just mental.

If a thread comes up about spending £200m the mods should delete it. I'd delete and ban anyone that did it on here.

I only popped over for view on your supporters play-off hopes, that didn't seem that entertaining in fairness.

Top 3 were all by the same poster. The original poster.

And the last one was saying 'if we wants to spend that let him'

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 3 were all by the same poster. The original poster.

And the last one was saying 'if we wants to spend that let him'

I agree, Stoners. What Ambitious has done is terribly, terribly wrong. Destroying someone's belief in fairy tales like that.

I wouldn't hold my breath tbh. I dare say there'll be a bit more csah avail, and I dare say Fawaz will back the manager, but 200m? Nah.

You are obviously one of those who believed everything that was said in that staged interview with Nat Jackson, if he had that sort of money he would have thrown it at us ages ago to get us out this league to gain the riches of the Prem.

He is a brilliant chairman but unfortunately he does not tell the truth about his wealth.

Do you believe he could have purchased Real Madrid and Barcelona???????

Or my favourite

You seem to have taken those early interviews at face value. I don't recall him ever being quoted as saying he's put £200M aside to buy players in the PL, but maybe you can provide a reference/link for that?

Even if he did have a desire to spend £200M on players, we'd fall foul of FIFA FFP rules (we just wouldn't have a big enough income to be able to justify that expenditure) so we be banned from Europe anyway. I'm fairly confident that the '3rd Star' statement was a throw-away comment without a solid plan to back it up. Think about it for a minute - the last club from a city of comparable size was Opporto in 2004 (managed by Mourinho) and before that you have to go back to the 1980s. In other words, forget it, it was naïve and ridiculous for Fawaz to make statements like that. He could throw £1.6BN at it and we still wouldn't do it because it just ain't feasible for a club from a city the size of Nottingham anymore. You could offer Messi and his ilk £1M a week and I doubt he'd sign. That kind of player will never play for a club like ours again unless they come from our Academy.

I also think your 'financial analysts' assessment of Fawaz's wealth lacks hard evidence too. The best estimate I've seen is about £300M for the Al Hasawi family, of which Fawaz is unlikely to have overall control. He's a good owner, but he's not a billionaire I'm sure of that.

Sorry to be a bit scathing, but you did ask :cheers:

But I'm sure your still right

I agree, Stoners. What Ambitious has done is terribly, terribly wrong. Destroying someone's belief in fairy tales like that.
It's ok Eddie The fairy tale is tho that your lot think we think, we have a multi ga'zillion pound owner lol ;)

It's ok Eddie

The fairy tale is tho that your lot think we have a multi ga'zillion pound owner lol ;)

I think it's more that some of us think that some of you believe it. The facts don't add up to Fawaz (a nice guy, I will admit) being filthy rich in his own right - the bounced cheques, the maxed-out cards, players and staff being paid late, the perennial cash flow problems and the all-too-frequent winding up orders all just point to someone who is not in control of the finances necessary for the running of a football club.

My guess is that he has to go cap in hand to the family every couple of months.

I think it's more that some of us think that some of you believe it. The facts don't add up to Fawaz (a nice guy, I will admit) being filthy rich in his own right - the bounced cheques, the maxed-out cards, players and staff being paid late, the perennial cash flow problems and the all-too-frequent winding up orders all just point to someone who is not in control of the finances necessary for the running of a football club.

My guess is that he has to go cap in hand to the family every couple of months.

I did amend it but not in time for your reply but your right

He goes to his parents for a few hundred k like we used to go to ours for a curly wurly?

I did amend it but not in time for your reply but your right

He goes to his parents for a few hundred k like we used to go to ours for a curly wurly?

Bloody hell, that reminds me.

I've got a Mars Bar left over from Easter. Thanks.

Looking forward to the Lee Camplassico this weekend.

Let's hope he saves a penalty (when Bournemouth are about 3-0 up at the time) and 'kisses the badge'. That'll drive them nuts.

I hope they beat Bournemouth and Brighton. I can't remember ever wanting them to win before!

I watched the QPR Forest game in the Waterfall before our match the other week .I know that a draw would have been maybe the best result for us ,but I just couldn't help myself in the end I wanted QPR to win.

I watched the QPR Forest game in the Waterfall before our match the other week .I know that a draw would have been maybe the best result for us ,but I just couldn't help myself in the end I wanted QPR to win.

Me too.

I'm only sorry they stopped at 5.

Leeds. Twice every season. Sorry.

Not a problem in my book.

If they were in a European Cup match against Juventus I'd want Forest to win that too, in the absence of a meteorite strike.

Archived