January

valleyram

They are not dead wood until they are replaced with someone better.

Your final paragraph, Rich3478, leaves me (almost) speechless. You suggest a squad of 18 as an ideal?  One injury and you are stuffed. One suspension and you are stuffed.

What do the following players have in common?

Legzdins, Barker, Whitbread, Hendrick, Bailey, Russell, Eustace.

All were/are injured or suspended at exactly the same time.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are not dead wood until they are replaced with someone better.

Your final paragraph, Rich3478, leaves me (almost) speechless. You suggest a squad of 18 as an ideal? One injury and you are stuffed. One suspension and you are stuffed.

What do the following players have in common?

Legzdins, Barker, Whitbread, Hendrick, Bailey, Russell, Eustace.

All were/are injured or suspended at exactly the same time.

I mean 18 first team players. Then maybe three or four younger players with potential as back up.

Ben Davies shouldn't have been given a new deal!

Sammon just doesn't seem to fit in

Bailey in a similar way to Ben Davies I just struggle to see breaking into the team.

Think one if not two defenders will leave in January as well, whitbread being most likely.

O Brien has to maintain his fitness for a decent period of time soon or time to let him go.

Shaun barker? Not fit by the end of the season then will struggle to get a place.

Freeman, hoganson, gjokaj, ball are all going to struggle

Obviously this leaves the squad short......

Lol

I can see us bringing in another defensive midfield player in Jan - McClaren has talked a lot about us needing to be better without the ball, and the fact that Cisse was given a 3-month deal in November (which therefore runs 'til the end of Jan) could be read as meaning that he's simply a stop-gap until the transfer window opens.

I'm also expecting permanent moves for defenders, and ideally I'd like us to sign a creative midfield player just to make us even more eye-catching!

I can see us bringing in another defensive midfield player in Jan - McClaren has talked a lot about us needing to be better without the ball, and the fact that Cisse was given a 3-month deal in November (which therefore runs 'til the end of Jan) could be read as meaning that he's simply a stop-gap until the transfer window opens.

I'm also expecting permanent moves for defenders, and ideally I'd like us to sign a creative midfield player just to make us even more eye-catching!

I would like us to secure a DM, extend Keane's loan until the end of the season, sign Dawkins and get Brayford back in some form. I will also be looking forward to having Jacobs back, match ready. 

Archived