Football Manager 2014

Dimmu

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to ask that, I'm just about to play the play off final against Leicester but Hughes has come out and asked for a transfer, does he still want to go even if you get promoted?!?!?!?!

No, he settles down for another year. I told him about ambition in the Championship and he got on with it. But kicked off at the end of the first season in Prem. Then got really arsey when I refused Man City's bid of 3.5m! I **** 2.5m!

Wow that's not good, Arsenal bid 5M at the end of my first window and they withdrew after I asked for 15

I hope he sorts himself out because I'm only getting 35% of transfer fees and his contract runs out in 2016  :(

Just got to beat Leicester now and hope for the best!!

Wow that's not good, Arsenal bid 5M at the end of my first window and they withdrew after I asked for 15

I hope he sorts himself out because I'm only getting 35% of transfer fees and his contract runs out in 2016 :(

Just got to beat Leicester now and hope for the best!!

Save the game pre kick off, lose, re load the game.

Everyone does it.

Had a bit of a nightmare, wanted to put my own stamp on the team so to free up some funds sold, Martin, Hendrick, Ward and Forsyth. Let go of Eustace and couldn't get Smith back. Got about 3.5 million for the lot plus saving a lot on wages.

So that's 6 first team players gone. I made bids for about 15 different players but most of them wanted too much money or couldn't get a work permit. I've managed to sign a grand total of 1 player which is Davide Petrucci from Man U. (quite good though)

It's now got to the first game of the season, Hughes is injured and I can't recall Bennett from his loan spell. I have ayrton Wassall playing centre mid. Keogh at Right back and Gjokaj at CB.

The average age of the bench is about 12.

Had a bit of a nightmare, wanted to put my own stamp on the team so to free up some funds sold, Martin, Hendrick, Ward and Forsyth. Let go of Eustace and couldn't get Smith back. Got about 3.5 million for the lot plus saving a lot on wages.

So that's 6 first team players gone. I made bids for about 15 different players but most of them wanted too much money or couldn't get a work permit. I've managed to sign a grand total of 1 player which is Davide Petrucci from Man U. (quite good though)

It's now got to the first game of the season, Hughes is injured and I can't recall Bennett from his loan spell. I have ayrton Wassall playing centre mid. Keogh at Right back and Gjokaj at CB.

The average age of the bench is about 12.

Wouldn't have got rid of Hendrick, he's a beast BBM in Prem. Martin is good in the Championship, but not good enough for Prem.

I managed to get Hughes to resign!!

After his mood changed from abysmal and he'd actually listen to me, I got the board to negotiate and they came up with £63.5k a week and a £23.5m release clause. 3 year deal. Good job too because he's scored 9 goals in 9 games so far this season. He is absolutely made for the enganche role.

First season done, finished 4th after a good run towards the end of the season but lost to Leicester in the play off final

I've got 6 scouts all around Europe so managed to get some good cheap players, these are my main transfers from the first season:

Jason Holt, 150k

Dani Pacheco, 100k

Uffe Bech, 500k

Aronold Peralta, 110k

Viktor Noring, Free

Abdoulaye Meite, Free

Dederyk Boyata, Player exchange for Buxton and Glokaj (Both sitting in City's reserves on 10k a week  :lol: )

Andreas Laudrup, 80k

Kennedy, 35k

Davidson Drobo-Ampem, 155k

All signed with a small fee upfront and the rest over 42 months (takes less off the budget and you end up paying something like 1k a month so worth it)

2nd season:

Harry Maguire, 1.2M

Jermaine Pennant, 250k

Fidel, 1.6M

Luca Toni, 80k

Khouma Babacar, loan from Fiotentina

Frederik Reiper, 375k (16 year old regen from Denmark, got 5 star potential!!)

From the start I've got rid of Deeney, Bavies, Ward (thought he was awful), Keogh (didn't need him), Buxton and Glokaj for Boyata, Coutts, Martin, Legzdinz, Bailey, Forsyth, Barker (wages too much), O'Connor, Freeman (dont use fullbacks)... got just over 4M for them

Got all new staff in aswell, notably Dean Saunders u18s manager with Paul Simpson his assistant, Edgar Davids u21 manager with Poom the coach...  managed to get Robert Pires as scout aswell  :cool:

Oh and Forest were relegated and Theo Robinson was the top goalscorer with 35 goals  :lol:

First season done, finished 4th after a good run towards the end of the season but lost to Leicester in the play off final

I've got 6 scouts all around Europe so managed to get some good cheap players, these are my main transfers from the first season:

Jason Holt, 150k

Dani Pacheco, 100k

Uffe Bech, 500k

Aronold Peralta, 110k

Viktor Noring, Free

Abdoulaye Meite, Free

Dederyk Boyata, Player exchange for Buxton and Glokaj (Both sitting in City's reserves on 10k a week  :lol: )

Andreas Laudrup, 80k

Kennedy, 35k

All signed with a small fee upfront and the rest over 42 months (takes less off the budget and you end up paying something like 1k a month so worth it)

2nd season:

Harry Maguire, 1.2M

Jermaine Pennant, 250k

Fidel, 1.6M

Luca Toni, 80k

From the start I've got rid of Deeney, Bavies, Ward (thought he was awful), Keogh (didn't need him), Buxton and Glokaj for Boyata, Coutts, Martin, Legzdinz, Bailey, Forsyth, Barker (wages too much), O'Connor, Freeman (dont use fullbacks)... got just over 4M for them

Got all new staff in aswell, notably Dean Saunders u18s manager with Paul Simpson his assistant, Edgar Davids u21 manager with Poom the coach...  managed to get Robert Pires as scout aswell  :cool:

Oh and Forest were relegated and Theo Robinson was the top goalscorer with 35 goals  :lol:

Theo was top scorer on mine as well, and Millwall finished second which is just as bizarre.

Jason Holt, 150k

Dani Pacheco, 100k

Uffe Bech, 500k

Aronold Peralta, 110k

Viktor Noring, Free

Abdoulaye Meite, Free

Andreas Laudrup, 80k

Kennedy, 35k

2nd season:

Harry Maguire, 1.2M

Jermaine Pennant, 250k

Fidel, 1.6M

Luca Toni, 80k

I'm sorry to question your integrity but surely you must have taken over man city and conducted that deal?!

That's the craziest transfer I've ever heard of!

I felt bad doing it but nope just Man City being stupid!!

Buxton was unhappy and I didn't need Glokaj and you only start with 250k first season so I thought it was worth an offer, maybe Dimmu can try it out see if it works for him

I'm sorry to question your integrity but surely you must have taken over man city and conducted that deal?!

That's the craziest transfer I've ever heard of!

Buxton was unhappy and I didn't need Glokaj and you only start with 250k first season so I thought it was worth an offer, maybe Dimmu can try it out see if it works for him

I'm still in August but I think I claim "stupidest transfer" record with selling Deeney to Everton (70k) :lol::huh:<_<

Sold Will Hughes in January 2017. He had signed a £63k a week contract at the start of the season and was happy enough with the £23.5m release clause. However, for some god unknown reason, Man City paid £27.5m.

I have signed a few people to replace him. Ravel Morrison for £1.4m, Deni Alar for £3.5m, Callum Chambers for £4.9m. Also got a couple of other good strikers on pre-contracts for next season. Nearly signed James Ward-Prowse but he chose Liverpool after accepting the contract offer.

Had it over a week and have restarted several times, pre season goes great, scoring hat fulls and conceding the odd one and as soon as it gets to the Blackburn game it all goes to cock.  They d1ck us by a couple of goals every time and the following LC game against either Burton or Preston results in a heavy loss.  I've got as far as the Leicester game and haven't even scored!!!

I like to play a narrow 4-2-3-1 and can't get the attacking midfielders to overlap my striker even if i play him as deep lying...

I also find the player ratings harsh in the extreme, unless they bag a goal or two they don't get any better than a 6.8...

Had it over a week and have restarted several times, pre season goes great, scoring hat fulls and conceding the odd one and as soon as it gets to the Blackburn game it all goes to cock.  They d1ck us by a couple of goals every time and the following LC game against either Burton or Preston results in a heavy loss.  I've got as far as the Leicester game and haven't even scored!!!

I like to play a narrow 4-2-3-1 and can't get the attacking midfielders to overlap my striker even if i play him as deep lying...

I also find the player ratings harsh in the extreme, unless they bag a goal or two they don't get any better than a 6.8...

do you play defensive mid fielders in your formation? 

No deal.

But Bucko, 275 k + 20 % of next deal would've been accepted.

Archived