Derby County v Birmingham City

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, crappy performance. Ward is showing his best again. Buxton was fantastic, Keogh is staying in the team based on his price tag. Wisdom was excellent. Hughes crap. Martin, not himself. Disappointed. But like the gaffer said, a point at Watford and a win today would seem better, still unbeaten under the Mac. Overall I'm a happy ram.

Is Connor Sammon a footballer? Not being a ******. But honestly. A genuine question.

My other question is when Keogh leaves in January, who shall we replace him with?

Yes he is, do you remember last week when he scored the winner against Watford?

It's fustrating when you know you should win these games. I think i read an earlier prediction that we'd lose today because that's what we normally do when we're in this position. Well we didn't lose so that must be a step in the right direction.

I think we had enough chances to win today. Ward missed the best chance early on and Sammon had some great chances late on. At least we got a point today. Some teams have lost today to teams we have whipped this season.

I would hate to have Zigic in my team but to be fair to the donkey today, he won absolutely everything in the air today. Every corner was just dinked to the back post and he was always on the end of it.

I wouldn't mind dan burn......

I suggested him - on here - when he was non-league.

When signing non-league / lower league players was supposed to be the strategy.

He looked quite good.

I wouldn't mind dan burn......

I suggested him - on here - when he was non-league.

When signing non-league / lower league players was supposed to be the strategy.

He looked quite good.

He's good in the air, but awful with his feet.

He's good in the air, but awful with his feet.

He made one error in the second half which led to sammons chance but for 21 he looked alright.

Apparently Martin has been struggling with a back injury, hence why he was taken off. Looked frustrated as well today. Miscontrolled by the touch line, ball went out and he screamed "F**k" about 5 feet away from some young kids.

I'm sure they'd heard it before.

We was ***** second half. And not much better in the first.

Grant cost us two pints. He stood with his hand up appealing instead of coming out and gathering the loopong ball into the box.

No end product at all, both sides, and we passed the ball without real purpose and drive and moved so slowly up the field it allowed them to get back into position.

Nothing has changed really, and still no plan B.

what do you expect to change in 3 games that took 4 years to create?

7 out of 9 points is not a bad start though

Dan Burn was awful against Leeds and poor today, I thought.

My view... 

Grant 7 - didn't have it easy with their players hindering him on his goal-line but did enough to get the ball away. 

Wisdom 7 - thought he was class act today, the more he gets into the game the happier I will be, i'd play him centre back though - no question.

Keogh - 5 - awful passing, poor marking for the goal, didn't deal with zigic at all.

Buxton - 7 MOTM - passing excellent, defensively astute and sound - never thought anything was going to get past him and low and behold the goal came down the right hand side.

Forsyth - 6 - started well look asured and then second half fell to pieces.

Eustace - 7 - put his body everywhere, was the busiest of the centre mids.

Bryson 6 - good bits, but not enough on the ball for me.

Hughes - 7 - good touches, did well.. unfortunate not to create a goal for the one Dan Burn cleared off the line.

Ward - 5 - scored, but ruined just about everything else was poor today.

Martin - 6 - ineffective really, centre backs dealt with him.

Dawkins - 5 - lost the ball a lot, far too much infact. Doesn't fill me with confidence. 

Archived