David Wheater

McMuffin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In today's Sunday People were after David Wheater from Bolton on loan.

Came through at Middlesborough when McLaren was there didn't he?

Oh God, he's awful! He plays in slow motion. I hope we get a Bolton fan's view to back mine up because the one I speak to just shakes his head when Wheater's name comes up.

Whilst we are on the subject of centre halves. can anyone tell me what is happening with Gjokaj's career?

He played and did pretty well out of position against Cardiff and Birmingham last year. We obviously liked him enough to spend a lot of time developing him. He finally gets a few games in the championship, then - nothing. He struggles to get into the squad at a time we are desperate for players in his position and we start looking at players even younger and less experienced.

I think he deserves a go. It's not as if we have great defenders keeping him out.

Whilst we are on the subject of centre halves. can anyone tell me what is happening with Gjokaj's career?

He played and did pretty well out of position against Cardiff and Birmingham last year. We obviously liked him enough to spend a lot of time developing him. He finally gets a few games in the championship, then - nothing. He struggles to get into the squad at a time we are desperate for players in his position and we start looking at players even younger and less experienced.

I think he deserves a go. It's not as if we have great defenders keeping him out.

If both Clough and McClaren don`t use him there must be a reason .

May just be lazy journalism. I still think he's not much of an improvement on Buxton.

He must have been decent at one time , played for England at every level up to the under 21s.

Ps Can play right back, now you don't see 6'5" fullbacks every day

Archived