Real Ale/Lager for a Coeliac?

Alex W

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boycie, Cider is a no go. I've tried to like it for years, and I have failed in that mission. If I'm forced to chug down Strongbow and its ilk for the rest of time I'll not be best pleased.

Suck it up Nancy, I miss scotch eggs and the rest of the fookin buffet food.

Suck it up Nancy, I miss scotch eggs and the rest of the fookin buffet food.

I've only just realised I can't have Scotch Eggs as well. God damnit. And buffet food is hard to lose, but Cornetto's? Donuts? Cookies? Pies? Ferrero Rocher?! I might as well discard my taste buds right now and have done with it, I think.

If by effecting me before you mean the Coeliac, I wasn't hit hard by any symptoms, I'd got no idea I was ill. I'd felt more tired than usual, and I've always been really pale and had trouble gaining any level of weight, but I'd always put it down to just not tanning well and having a high metabolism.

Went to the doctor for the first time in around ten years and had some blood work done, came back my iron levels were low and my liver wasn't doing so great. Spent about a month panicking that I was seriously ill (the responses to what it could've been go IBS/Coeliac/Crohn's Disease/Bleeding Stomach Ulcer/Lymphoma/Cancer). Needless to say, I was rather happy that it was Coeliac. My mum got it in her mid 40's so it's not like it's going to be entirely unknown to me, but it's still a pain to be hit so early.

Still, pretty easy to live with, aside from losing out on a lot of delicious food/drink. Which given what a lot of people get hit with health wise, is no real hardship.

Archived