Merrill

WilkoRam

Did anyone used to go to Merrill? I mean back when it was two sites. I few years ago I went back to Derby and found both the old sites demolished and a brand new building built. They don't know how good they have it, bet they have heating and a TV that works without a pencil shoved in the aerial socket. Anyway just curious.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was Noel Baker.

They have 'campus' now whatever that is.

All seems very American to me. I don't know why everything has to be Americanised.

Like people with their bloody coffee because they've seen it in films. A drive thru Costa at the Wyvern!?!

Jesus, I nearly choked on my soda when I saw that

I was Noel Baker.

All seems very American to me. I don't know why everything has to be Americanised.

Like people with their bloody coffee because they've seen it in films. A drive thru Costa at the Wyvern!?!

Agree. Down here in London everything is now an 'Academy' with 'campuses' etc

That said, I love my coffee. Sometimes America does get it right (like pancakes and maple syrup with bacon and eggs, thought they were nuts until I tried it).

Did anyone used to go to Merrill? I mean back when it was two sites. I few years ago I went back to Derby and found both the old sites demolished and a brand new building built. They don't know how good they have it, bet they have heating and a TV that works without a pencil shoved in the aerial socket. Anyway just curious.

I did. The heating worked when I went, well in the summer anyway :lol: it took 6 months to heat up!!!

Come on Wilko......tell us what year....? need to know whether to apologise for chasing you lot up and down that canal path :lol:

I was Noel Baker.

Me too Alpha left in 1979 :blink:

Archived