NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Can I ask, does each team play the same fixtures as their divisional rivals?

Not exactly the same, but very similar. Use the Giants as an example - they will play each team in division twice, and one game against each team in a diff NFC division and an AFC division (these rotate round each season) this year they are the AFC North and the NFC North.

That adds to 14 games, the other 2 are games against 2 diff teams who placed similarly the previous season (the Saints and the Rams) I believe the 2 teams are from the same conference...?

The other NFC East teams will play 14 of the same fixtures as the Giants, with the difference being they will play teams matching their position last season in other 2 (not the Saints or Rams)

Hope this helps!

59 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Not exactly the same, but very similar. Use the Giants as an example - they will play each team in division twice, and one game against each team in a diff NFC division and an AFC division (these rotate round each season) this year they are the AFC North and the NFC North.

That adds to 14 games, the other 2 are games against 2 diff teams who placed similarly the previous season (the Saints and the Rams) I believe the 2 teams are from the same conference...?

The other NFC East teams will play 14 of the same fixtures as the Giants, with the difference being they will play teams matching their position last season in other 2 (not the Saints or Rams)

Hope this helps!

It does, and I guess that the bit I have made bold is just another way in which the NFL makes it a level playing field?  If you had a bad season last year, you will, on paper have slightly easier fixtures that a team that had a good season?

On 11/25/2016 at 11:00, GeneralRam said:

10-1.... :D

The Cowboys rookies are showing up the rest of the league.  Unbelievable performances from Prescott & Elliott, they've been excellent.

Breaks my heart to see the 49ers doing so poorly.  I can remember watching the Channel 4 shows when Montana & Rice were in their pomp.  Incredible team.

I don't know why so many people are supposedly complaining about this season, it's been very competitive bar San Fran & Cleveland...

10-2 :D The 2014 draft was great, Mack in the first round, Carr 2nd and Jackson in the 3rd.

Franchise changing for sure.

Mediocre to poor for first 35 mins, but 29 unanswered points in the last 25, from trailing by 15 to winning by 14!

Huge game at the Chiefs on Thursday/Friday, nervous as anything win that and will have one hand on the division and a bye/possible 1st seed, lose and they take the division lead back.

On 12/5/2016 at 00:29, CumbrianRam said:

10-2 :D The 2014 draft was great, Mack in the first round, Carr 2nd and Jackson in the 3rd.

Franchise changing for sure.

Mediocre to poor for first 35 mins, but 29 unanswered points in the last 25, from trailing by 15 to winning by 14!

Huge game at the Chiefs on Thursday/Friday, nervous as anything win that and will have one hand on the division and a bye/possible 1st seed, lose and they take the division lead back.

Raiders are class at the minute and will only get better. It's definitely not a coincidence that the 2 best team within the NFL have the best Olines.

Sigh, that was a big loss to take from number 1 to 5. Looks like the defence turned up, but offence and special teams had an off day.

3 turnovers to 0 but only score 6 from them wow. Derek Carr's numbers looked terrible guess his finger injury caused him trouble in the cold.

Best season in living memory and get swept by your bitterest rivals typical!

The Cheifs are good but they were there for the taking this game, but guess you can't perform miracles every game.

Archived