NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, thanks for the advice guys.

As I've already said, I've recorded some NFL related programmes that are airing in the next week or so. Will just see which team I naturally gravitate towards. At the moment I'm thinking either Chargers, Dolphins, Rams, Giants or just sticking with Packers, but we will see. Hopefully will be having some NFL-related conversations with you guys over the next few months

As has been said, watch lots of different teams and you will be drawn to one. Having said that, I came back from NY loving the city, and so chose the Giants, watched and learnt about them all I could that season (they were average, up and down that year - 2007) they're now my team. Even if London gets a franchise, I think like most the London team would be my second team!

Warning with the Giants is that they're a typically up-and-down team, never the worst, nor the best. Despite winning 2 superbowls in the past 7 years, they lost 6 and 7 games respectively those years.

Rams are still rebuilding, looked ok lasts season, defense has fallen apart this season so far though (by their own standards)

Did anybody see Branden Oliver for Chargers? undrafted rookie, 5'8", and he scored two touchdowns, pretty impressive.

Obviously I'm new to this but watched the Chargers-Jets game today, thought they looked very impressive. Good defensive performance for the first shut-out of the season. Plus Rivers is quality.

I'm not going to pick a team just yet, but am probably leaning towards Chargers at the moment. Like how they are still not grabbing all the headlines, yet are 4-1 and have the best record in the AFC. I expect them to beat Oakland next week and probably Kansas City the week after to go 6-1. Although they have Broncos in their division, so might have to rely on a Wildcard to make the playoffs.

Did anybody see Branden Oliver for Chargers? undrafted rookie, 5'8", and he scored two touchdowns, pretty impressive.

Obviously I'm new to this but watched the Chargers-Jets game today, thought they looked very impressive. Good defensive performance for the first shut-out of the season. Plus Rivers is quality.

I'm not going to pick a team just yet, but am probably leaning towards Chargers at the moment. Like how they are still not grabbing all the headlines, yet are 4-1 and have the best record in the AFC. I expect them to beat Oakland next week and probably Kansas City the week after to go 6-1. Although they have Broncos in their division, so might have to rely on a Wildcard to make the playoffs.

Become a Cowboys fan! We're on TV this Sunday so give it a watch. Actually don't, we'll probably get a thrashing.

Become a Cowboys fan! We're on TV this Sunday so give it a watch. Actually don't, we'll probably get a thrashing.

Haha, I'm not gonna be persuaded that easily ;) in all reality, even though Cowboys, Packers, 49ers and Steelers have won a lot of Siper Bowls, the fact that Chargers are yet to win a Super Bowl makes me want to support them even more. I want to be watching when they win their first trophy so that I can say I've seen the best parts of their history to be honest. Plus I've been to San Diego, and fancy a trip out there much more than I fancy a trip out to Texas...

How do you think Cowboys will do this year? They're 4-1 so far which is pretty good I guess, they look like they might do pretty well.

Haha, I'm not gonna be persuaded that easily ;) in all reality, even though Cowboys, Packers, 49ers and Steelers have won a lot of Siper Bowls, the fact that Chargers are yet to win a Super Bowl makes me want to support them even more. I want to be watching when they win their first trophy so that I can say I've seen the best parts of their history to be honest. Plus I've been to San Diego, and fancy a trip out there much more than I fancy a trip out to Texas...

How do you think Cowboys will do this year? They're 4-1 so far which is pretty good I guess, they look like they might do pretty well.

I'm loving the season so far. Especially I'll see them next month also! Last season we had the 3rd worst defence EVER in the NFL. We lost our best def player in Ware and everyone expected us to do awful. However, the defence has been alright! We did an awesome comeback against the Rams and everythings going well. A massive test this weekend which will show how good we actually are!

Yep Chargers are a very good organization mate.

Obviously I'm still an NFL "rookie" but I think they have a good shot this season. Although Denver are strong so think they will have to rely on a wildcard to make the playoffs. Rivers is a great QB though. 

Does anyone play Fantasy Football here?

For me, it adds a whole other dimension to watching football on Sunday afternoons, especially when watching RedZone. Makes it a hell of a lot more fun.

On a related note, I had the Lions D in my team. 8 sacks, 3 INTs and only 3 points conceded = 21 points. Lovely.

Does anyone play Fantasy Football here?

For me, it adds a whole other dimension to watching football on Sunday afternoons, especially when watching RedZone. Makes it a hell of a lot more fun.

On a related note, I had the Lions D in my team. 8 sacks, 3 INTs and only 3 points conceded = 21 points. Lovely.

Love a bit of fantasy. Play several league with various groups of friends, always good fun on a sunday evening!

Bloody hell. They love a good advert on CBS don't they? I've just had two ad breaks in five minutes.

Enjoying the game though, 7 all towards the end of the first quarter.

Wait until the superbowl. 1 hour of play takes about 5 hours to complete. (Its been on normal telly for the past few years)

Archived