What if we had a World War Two experience now?

sage

The title of this thread just reminded me of something to do with WW2 and that's gassing innocent people.

It was grossly barbaric then and it is now. It needs stopping.

Agreed, but how? and with what collateral damage and/or repercussions?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, I'm not a world leader but it needs sorting out, otherwise it's like having another Hitler, albeit on a thankfully smaller scale.

People can't be allowed to commit mass murder, it's just not on.

The US have super-incendiary weapons that burn up any chemicals or biological agents before they spread, but it still depends how far away houses are. If they decide to hit the means of delivery, ie planes and artillery, then they will as a consequence tip the civil war in the rebels favour, which could lead them to being accused of regime change. 

Whatever they do, they would have to take out the Syrian air force and anti-aircraft defences first.   

The US have super-incendiary weapons that burn up any chemicals or biological agents before they spread, but it still depends how far away houses are. If they decide to hit the means of delivery, ie planes and artillery, then they will as a consequence tip the civil war in the rebels favour, which could lead them to being accused of regime change. 

Whatever they do, they would have to take out the Syrian air force and anti-aircraft defences first.   

It's a horrible decision to have to make, but if it does happen I hope that they have some sort of plan this time for what happens afterwards. Far cheaper and morally correct to invest in infrastructure, hospitals, schools and housing etc. than let the Syrians return to nothing. Unlike after the Iraqi debacle, this time they need to have jobs to keep them busy and rebuild their economy.

I think the Americans will leave Afghanistan quicker if they start up another front in another country.

Then that will be a power struggle. Maybe some ethnic cleansing, and an outcry for help.

I think they'd love the chance to take out Iran as well.

Archived