How did we play? Formation work?

WilkoRam

I think the 'in your face' type posts are directed at some of the posters who have been posting utter garbage over the summer and post-Blackburn. Your criticisms are backed up and rational and are proper debate. This is rarely the case with some of the more extreme and vocal posters who just continually plug the same agenda regardless of what actually happens. Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course, just that these sorts really reduce the quality of debate. Sticking two fingers up at them is what they understand.

Arent you just being as extreme though but on the positive side? And sticking two fingers up at them after a whole two games really doesnt put you on a different level.

As for the formation it worked this game against Brighton who are strong in central midfield but there will be many games where we will need width in the side.

Also we started the game against Wolves last year playing this way and it didnt work but its nice to see we can be flexible

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arent you just being as extreme though but on the positive side? And sticking two fingers up at them after a whole two games really doesnt put you on a different level.

As for the formation it worked this game against Brighton who are strong in central midfield but there will be many games where we will need width in the side.

Also we started the game against Wolves last year playing this way and it didnt work but its nice to see we can be flexible

Not been positive in the extreme at all. We've got 4 points from two games and finally won in league cup. Pretty satisfsctory start.

However, you would have thought the season was over after the catastrophe vs Blackburn. Positive in the extreme would be if this forum was full of people saying we are gonna walk the league. It's not. But there is a fair bit of laughing at the doom merchants.

Not been positive in the extreme at all. We've got 4 points from two games and finally won in league cup. Pretty satisfsctory start.

However, you would have thought the season was over after the catastrophe vs Blackburn. Positive in the extreme would be if this forum was full of people saying we are gonna walk the league. It's not. But there is a fair bit of laughing at the doom merchants.

Well you are doing the same really, just as some were going over the top about us sitting back last week your now going over the top after a win. Laughing at the doom merchants? We have played two league games.

Lets all hope we can keep it up and stay around the top 6 and hopefully get confidence up as its the little things in this league when it's always so tight.

Yet gloating either way after a few games is pathetic

I'm just as confident of a top 6 finish this morning as I was last Sunday at 7 p.m. - we look a decent side with options. A result going just for us or against us isn't going to change my mind until I see a definite pattern.

Well done to Clough for yesterday - he's obviously keen to keep Bryson, Hendrick & Hughes in the team and looks to have found a way of doing this without the side being hopelessly unbalanced with one of them at RM. Puts a lot of onus on Forsyth & Freeman but both of them got assists so it clearly worked yesterday.

Also, great use of Eustace to shore up the team, get them up the pitch & nail the result - exactly the kind of impact I expected from him. We'd have lost this game last year without him, guaranteed.

Archived