Belper Explosions

Srg

Smaller than Alfreton, Chesterfield, Clay Cross, Derby, Dronfield, Glossop, Heanor, Ilkeston, Long Eaton, North Wingfield, Ripley, Staveley.

Face it, it's just a small town in Bargate.

Bigger than all these in bold. It has the best chippy in Derbyshire too.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigger than all these in bold. It has the best chippy in Derbyshire too.

Population-wise, it's not - at least according to the (obviously anti-Belper) census stats I looked up.

Smaller than Alfreton, Chesterfield, Clay Cross, Derby, Dronfield, Glossop, Heanor, Ilkeston, Long Eaton, North Wingfield, Ripley, Staveley.

Face it, it's just a small town in Bargate.

Bargate is in Belper you wum.

Belper is basically preparing itself to be the dominant city in Derbyshire, just you wait...

Population-wise, it's not - at least according to the (obviously anti-Belper) census stats I looked up.

Clay Cross and North Wingfield are tiny in comparison and some of the other towns census population includes loads of surrounding villages. ie Alfreton includes Somercotes, Swanwick, Leabrooks and Riddings. There's a bit less around Belper.

Bargate is in Belper you wum.

Belper is basically preparing itself to be the dominant city in Derbyshire, just you wait...

bargate is bargate, as is Openwoodgate.

Holbrook is not in Belper either.

Clay Cross and North Wingfield are tiny in comparison and some of the other towns census population includes loads of surrounding villages. ie Alfreton includes Somercotes, Swanwick, Leabrooks and Riddings. There's a bit less around Belper.

I said 'by population' - and seeing as my Gran lived in both Clay Cross and North Wingfield at various times of her life, together with the fact that she and her offspring bred like rabbits, you probably only needed about 5 houses full of that lot to exceed Belper's population.

How come the Belper sign is at the top of my street on the crossings at Openwoodgate?

I don't know, I guess Openwoodgate and the like are the fringe of Belper. 

Openwoodgate, Bargate, Ambergate and Shottlegate.

Seems the gates are classed as villages, of Belper.

I don't know, I guess Openwoodgate and the like are the fringe of Belper. 

Openwoodgate, Bargate, Ambergate and Shottlegate.

Seems the gates are classed as villages, of Belper.

im sure your right, I mean, I'm from kilburn/ denby, so what would I know?

Police think thar it was started deliberatly, smaller fires started in different areas then aerosols thrown on. They were the explosions people heard.

How come the Belper sign is at the top of my street on the crossings at Openwoodgate?

Someone nicked it, then found it was too heavy to carry and dumped it.

The council were then too idle to carry it back and just concreted it in where they found it again.

Police think thar it was started deliberatly, smaller fires started in different areas then aerosols thrown on. They were the explosions people heard.

Perhaps we ought to consider doing that with some of the aerosols who post on here.

TobyWanKenobi

im sure your right, I mean, I'm from kilburn/ denby, so what would I know?

Flammie massive? Mrs Redhead? Hmm. Phwoooooar.

• 8 months later...

He's back on the gluten!

I can confirm that I did drink beer yesterday.

The only sad thing was, I didn't get a real ale until I got back to Derby.

Fookin extra cold cream flows is all they served in the pubs on the way from the station to the ground.

Shambles.

And I'm pebble dashing the bog this morning just for cream flow.

Brummie yam yam barstewards!

Archived