Mixed emotions for Derby striker as England defeat Portugal 1-0

I know they are non contact...hence why I suggested you stick to watching them.

Ankle breaker, I assume the guy didn't carry on playing then? Any news on when he will be out of plaster?

Or maybe the countries that you mentioned have forgotten that its a man's game?

I don't know if he carried on.. I don't know if he has a plaster.. What I do know is that it could have caused serious damage..

The game is called football not footopponent

Man's game? Stick to watching Stoke or cage fighting if you're into that sort of stuff..

Or simply read the laws of the game on football.. You cannot go into a challenge, footup, studs in, a sliding challenge, connecting only with the leg of your opponent and at an angle where you have next to no chance of winning the ball and which could cause serious damage to your opponent and get away with it..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if he carried on.. I don't know if he has a plaster.. What I do know is that it could have caused serious damage..

The game is called football not footopponent

Man's game? Stick to watching Stoke or cage fighting if you're into that sort of stuff..

Or simply read the laws of the game on football.. You cannot go into a challenge, footup, studs in, a sliding challenge, connecting only with the leg of your opponent and at an angle where you have next to no chance of winning the ball and which could cause serious damage to your opponent and get away with it..

The old laws that made the game so successful in the old days or the new laws that have driven many fans away?

Which law did you just state there? When were sliding tackles banned?

If the game is football why do so many of the countries that you get so excited about spend half of the match wrestling or diving?

The old laws that made the game so successful in the old days or the new laws that have driven many fans away?

Which law did you just state there? When were sliding tackles banned?

If the game is football why do so many of the countries that you get so excited about spend half of the match wrestling or diving?

When did I say it was illegal to slide? You can slide, and win the ball, and be a clean tackle..

The new laws that are driving fans away? I'm pretty sure if you look at the numbers, football is far more popular now than it was 30 years ago..

I get excited about teams playing beautiful football and scoring memorable goals.. Not encouraging and getting excited by players who do wreckless sliding challenges that could seriously injure players..

When did I say it was illegal to slide? You can slide, and win the ball, and be a clean tackle..

The new laws that are driving fans away? I'm pretty sure if you look at the numbers, football is far more popular now than it was 30 years ago..

I get excited about teams playing beautiful football and scoring memorable goals.. Not encouraging and getting excited by players who do wreckless sliding challenges that could seriously injure players..

You have got as much chance of getting injured having arms wrapped around your neck and being flung to the floor as you have from a sliding tackle.

Archived