Let's get Theo back...

twinthe_12

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not try Conor Doyle? Seriously.

The lad never gets a game in his position, which is upfront. We need goals. At the moment we're persisting with the same faces and getting nowhere.

If he's never going to get a game, it's a wasted space on the bench.

'Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

Why not try Conor Doyle? Seriously.

I'd like to see that... He was getting goals at the start of the season for the U 21 squad...

He's got fairly decent ball control and he's 6 1 so not exactly small... Could be the next Savies if he gets the chance?

(Just had the thought of how great Sammon and Savies would have been together... that's made me sad...)

If you create chances for Theo, he'll score one. If your side isn't creating chances, then he's not going to be very effective other than running around and closing down when asked.

Huddersfield are woeful at the moment and Theo has no-one to play off of, you wouldn't use him to hold possession, would you? Commons sense should tell you not to judge him on that, considering his first touch. You'd ask him to try but most of all you'd stick someone next to him who can help your side get the ball into the box. Then Theo might have a chance of scoring.

You don't have to be a good technical footballer to be an effective one. I'd take a guy who scores 9 by December over a guy who can score 4 with more all-round ability. People like using stats, imagine Theo had managed to start every game onwards after December through till Christmas, then January, February, March and finally April. Do we think Theo might have nicked atleast 4 more goals?

If he had carried on as he was, or atleast roughly how he was, it's not out of the question that he'd score over 15 goals this season. He scored 12 last year, and he missed two months due to injury even then. He's effective. It's all you need say about him.

I thought that, then realised they're only 1 point behind us. Pretty worrying considering we smashed them up only a few weeks back. 

I'd like to see that... He was getting goals at the start of the season for the U 21 squad...

He's got fairly decent ball control and he's 6 1 so not exactly small... Could be the next Savies if he gets the chance?

(Just had the thought of how great Sammon and Savies would have been together... that's made me sad...)

Yep, gotta be worth a try. Just seems crazy to have someone who never plays sat on the bench. Either give him a go, or just flog him!

If he gets a few and looks good, that's another striker we have to consider for next year, and could have Ball, Martin, Doyle, Ward and probably one other. That's not a bad pot to pick from, even without Doyle (if he is a duffer).

Yep, gotta be worth a try. Just seems crazy to have someone who never plays sat on the bench. Either give him a go, or just flog him!

If he gets a few and looks good, that's another striker we have to consider for next year, and could have Ball, Martin, Doyle, Ward and probably one other. That's not a bad pot to pick from, even without Doyle (if he is a duffer).

And Sammon...

Oh yeah. Forgot about 'im.

:wacko:

Easy to do when there aren't people screaming about how awful he is...

Sammon, Ward, Martin (maybe), Bennett and a new signing for me... Bennett can still play mostly in the U21s, Ball out on loan again (don't think he'll come into his own for another coupla seasons) and Doyle IF he can get over the crippling nerves he seems to suffer when playing for the first team...

I have seen Doyle in the team U 21' and her has done good every time both on the right midfield and up front. He a intelligent player, that,s deserves a chance after all to long in the reserves.

We should beleven in our own Young players supplied by Ben Davies who should start more often.

Remeber Callum Ball banging the goals in for the reserves, wasn't up to much at First team level.

I thought he was okay for a 19 year old to be honest... And I've said elsewhere on this board that I don't think his type of forward really comes into their own til well into their 20s...

Or just speculating on trying out something a bit different? Nothing wrong with a bit of POSITIVE discussion every now and then..

Positive discussion and suggestions how to change things? Here? Nowadays?

Ok, It's not desperation. Words I should've used are pure madness :p

Archived